Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

2 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

How much training do you need to wipe bums?

About as much as to pick fruits and crops maybe?

How’s that one going, by the way?

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

Subject to what the country’s immigration laws are for whom coming from where, all migrants (including tourists) should do so, not only economic migrants.

That is what “No migrant is ever illegal, until the immigration system of their (end-) country of arrival deems them to be” means.

The Germans were smart in that respect. They’re in the exact same position as the UK, France and most other ‘old’ west European states: with a fast-ageing population entitled on state-funded everything, and too few younger generations working to keep paying for it all. So they spotted the opportunity in 2015 and hoovered up massive amounts of economic migrants to boost domestic economic activity and future tax receipts…just  like the UK had been hoovering up freshly-FoM’d east Europeans over a decade by then, and doing rather OK for itself out of it.

Fast forward to 2021. Germany still got its migrants - and a little more since. The UK allegedly lost 1.3m of those since 2020 or 2019, if reports are anything to go by, and can’t seem to get hold of replacements.

So German OAP bums are getting wiped by Syrian or Eritrean nurses. And British OAP bums,  that used to get wiped by Polish or Latvian or Portuguese carers, are now getting wiped by family member-carers. Well, those who have family member-carers, that is.

By all means, just ask youguns to do it, as was suggested further up the thread. See how far you get 🙃

Interesting

25 minutes ago, L00b said:

About as much as to pick fruits and crops maybe?

How’s that one going, by the way?

Exactly we have jobs for the untrained.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Exactly there’s jobs for the people on Credit who say they can’t find work.

So, point me to someone on 'Credit' who says that? Only people I can think of aren't fit for work for one reason or another. It is a very popular idea that people are 'abusing' social welfare, but once you start analysing the data properly it becomes clear quickly that it is just that, a popular idea, not reality. 

My nephew,hasn’t worked for 15 years.says he can’t find work.

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Either he is unable to work because of a health condition, or this 'nephew' of yours expects us to believe there has been no job that he's been able to bag despite trying hard for 15 years. The former is fine of course, there are plenty of people in that position. But the latter?

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

He says that to his hard-nosed uncle, what is the actual reason he isn't working? Drugs, alcohol, mental health? 

There is not a single reason in the UK not to find work other than some sort of debilitating issue. If your nephew is indeed living completely on benefits than he is one poor chap as it isn't anywhere near enough to live well on.

10 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

He says that to his hard-nosed uncle, what is the actual reason he isn't working? Drugs, alcohol, mental health? 

There is not a single reason in the UK not to find work other than some sort of debilitating issue. If your nephew is indeed living completely on benefits than he is one poor chap as it isn't anywhere near enough to live well on.

Listen me old Dutch are you telling me everybody in benefits wants to go to bed early to get up early to put a hard days graft in,You said point you to someone which I did.

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Listen me old Dutch are you telling me everybody in benefits wants to go to bed early to get up early to put a hard days graft in,You said point you to someone which I did.

😁 Fair enough Dobster