Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Common sense tells me I didn't need to do any perfunctory checks to know the RNLI wasn't set up to be an economic migrant taxi service.  Common sense also tells me it's a waste of money giving the untrustworthy French another £55 million to stop economic migrants leaving the French coast and heading for British waters. It would have made more common sense for the government to donate £55 million to the RNLI rather than another donation to the French.

Common sense should've also told you that the army shouldn't  be brought in to 'remove gypsies who invade public car parks'.

let us hope we take care of those who have worked for us in Afghanistan  now that the religious nut cases are once again in charge .

I understand the RNLI's position, but the huge amounts donated to the RNLI from liberals, just to spite Farage, is quite incredible: , there are huge poverty issues now in the UK, even in nominally affluent place like High Wycome, I recall that young Syrian lad who got attacked, getting a massive amount, through criowdfunders, many other people will be looking on and wondering, do they care about us, the poor, the vunerable here at all.

Refugees seem to have become something of a religious crusade for a certain type of person,  akin to how the left used to see the working class, Marx called it re-ification.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Common sense tells me I didn't need to do any perfunctory checks to know the RNLI wasn't set up to be an economic migrant taxi service.  Common sense also tells me it's a waste of money giving the untrustworthy French another £55 million to stop economic migrants leaving the French coast and heading for British waters. It would have made more common sense for the government to donate £55 million to the RNLI rather than another donation to the French.

Perfunctory checks would have told you that the RNLI weren't set up to help just working sailors as you guessed.

Common sense should have made you realise that in this post brexit world the French would be quite within their rights to say "You wanted control of your borders - off you go then" and leave it entirely up to us. Even Priti Patel's common sense realises this which is why we pay them to help reduce the number of people crossing the channel. Ever wonder why the news isn't full of reports of people hopping into the back of lorries in Calais any more? After all, that's far safer than jumping into an inflatable dinghy to cross the channel. I suggest you look into what that £55 million actually pays for rather than your usual approach of guessing (wrongly) based on your prejudices.

7 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

I understand the RNLI's position, but the huge amounts donated to the RNLI from liberals, just to spite Farage, is quite incredible: , there are huge poverty issues now in the UK, even in nominally affluent place like High Wycome, I recall that young Syrian lad who got attacked, getting a massive amount, through criowdfunders, many other people will be looking on and wondering, do they care about us, the poor, the vunerable here at all.

The enemies of the poor and vulnerable are never other, more, poor and vulnerable.

Maybe they should look at who is really to blame for their positions rather than listen to rabble rousers blaming 'others' to distract from their own lack of caring about the poor and vulnerable.

So, there are absolutely no issues with what is happening, no nuance, just an attack on another group of poor people, who, strangely, many have had many thousands to spend paying traffickers for the journey.

i don't have anything like that, where is the liberal/left support for the poor here? the social care crisis, the imminent housing crisis, can't think when the last national march on these issues occurred. they are very very selective in their support,

Edited by gamezone07

36 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

let us hope we take care of those who have worked for us in Afghanistan  now that the religious nut cases are once again in charge .

Very good point.  Many civilians like interpreters, and in other professions who are now fearful for their lives should be given sanctuary in this country. 

9 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

So, there are absolutely no issues with what is happening, no nuance, just an attack on another group of poor people, who, strangely, many have had many thousands to spend paying traffickers for the journey.

i don't have anything like that, where is the liberal/left support for the poor here? the social care crisis, the imminent housing crisis, can't think when the last national march on these issues occurred. they are very very selective in their support,

The liberals didn't vote Tory in the last election. Focus on them and those who've voted them into government since 2010.

25 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

DO

THE

WORDS

MARCUS

RASHFORD

MEAN

ANYTHING

TO

YOU

?

ANYTHING

AT