Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

There was a picture of one of the economic migrants with his arms raised above his head and a big smile on his face when he arrived on British soil. Nigel Farage said it looked like he'd just won the lottery. 

Those heading  for Britain from Calais most likely already have  criminal contacts in the UK or are given information to where to go by the criminal gangs who they give large amounts of money to in order to get a place on an inflatable boat.

My bold. 

Here's a case in point from only a few days ago. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57913790

The National Crime Agency make several arrests across England of a  people smuggling network, apparently involving hundreds of Albanians being brought to the UK with contacts in Europe. 

Note that its alleged that some have paid between £20,000 to £25,000 to reach the UK. 

Now some on here think its OK for such activity to take place as we need low skilled workers to "Pick fruit & wash cars.".  Wellna bit of investigation would find that the Home Office runs legitimate routes into the UK for the likes of seasonal agricultural workers, who will be paid the appropriate rate of pay & can come & go as they wish.  The car washers, well thst job would be so low skilled, migrant labour wouldn't be allowed in.  Of course, if a migrant was undertaking such work, I'd guarantee that it wouldn't be at the National Minimum Wage anyway? 

All I see is that if someone can raise upwards of £20k, then what's the problem of applying to come through the front door of the UK via the proper channels & get a full-time job for a reputable employer, paying their contribution & you paying your tax, N. I. etc? 

Any suggestion that you have to underhandedly pay someone in the UK £20k+ to smuggle you in immediately indicates that:

1. You already have a criminal background that would prohibit entry to the UK. 

2. You don't want to alert the UK authorities as you're going to undertake criminal activity. 

3. You're adding to the coffers of illegal activities / organisations. 

4. You're not intelligent or skilled enough to undertake employment at a high enough level with a bona fide employer. 

5. We don't need you & certainly don't want you due to points 1 to 4 above. 

32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear, you continue to embarrass yourself. I mentioned the Geneva Convention and stated at one time the first safe country was adopted and accepted by International law.

What time was that? And can you show that international law?

No, you can't, because it's nothing more than a figment of your imagination! :?

Total codswallop! :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

A good tip is when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

Indeed! :hihi:

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The National Crime Agency make several arrests across England of a  people smuggling network, apparently involving hundreds of Albanians being brought to the UK with contacts in Europe. 

Note that its alleged that some have paid between £20,000 to £25,000 to reach the UK. 

Now some on here think its OK for such activity to take place as we need low skilled workers to "Pick fruit & wash cars.".  Wellna bit of investigation would find that the Home Office runs legitimate routes into the UK for the likes of seasonal agricultural workers, who will be paid the appropriate rate of pay & can come & go as they wish.  The car washers, well thst job would be so low skilled, migrant labour wouldn't be allowed in.  Of course, if a migrant was undertaking such work, I'd guarantee that it wouldn't be at the National Minimum Wage anyway?

Woah there, Nelly.

I never said it was OK, did I?

I said Capitalism demands it.

Big difference.

The Capitalists demand high immigration, to keep wages and inflation low.

The how is irrelevant; it's the what and the why that matters.

Edited by The Joker

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

The Capitalists demand high immigration, to keep wages and inflation low.

The hoi polloi that like a foreign holiday want to be able to work and play around the world, can we really stop them coming here?

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear, you continue to embarrass yourself. I mentioned the Geneva Convention and stated at one time the first safe country was adopted and accepted by International law. 

A good tip is when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

Any reasonable person acknowledges the facts stated in your post.  Also anyone who has observed one of these car wash sites should be able to realise they aren't legitimate businesses. What legitimate business employs 4 or 5 people to sit around doing nothing for many hours of the day? I've observed 4 so called car wash workers sat doing nothing at 6.30 pm in the evening when most similar legitimate businesses will have finished trading for the day.

That seems to coincide with the time you pack up on here each day!

Nigel Farage says that the RNLI is a migrant taxi service in respect of them going to the rescue of human beings in trouble in inferior craft in waters such as the English Chanel. Their legitimacy to reside in the U.K. is very different to 'their right to live, we should always put human life above political expediency.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Nigel Farage says that the RNLI is a migrant taxi service in respect of them going to the rescue of human beings in trouble in inferior craft in waters such as the English Chanel. Their legitimacy to reside in the U.K. is very different to 'their right to live, we should always put human life above political expediency.

I am guessing that the RNLI operate in British waters?

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Well that's an improvement over our fishermen.  Maybe they can take second jobs working as lifesavers for the RNLI, since they'll all soon be unemployed?

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

You’ll go far with guesses like that, but in what direction is anyone’s guess.

Guest sibon

The best thing to do is for our government to put boats on for the refugees. Take them to a decent facility to process them. Return the economic migrants, keep the genuine refugees.

No more hazardous sea rescues. No more drowned children. No more organised criminals making a fortune out of human misery.

It would also cause severe frothing at the Daily Telegraph.

Guest sibon
Just now, West 77 said:

Yes,  great suggestion. Let's open the floodgates and swamp the country with more foreign criminals. 

Why would it do that?

It would have the opposite effect by making the network of organised  criminals that we currently tolerate, redundant.

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

The best thing to do is for our government to put boats on for the refugees. Take them to a decent facility to process them. Return the economic migrants, keep the genuine refugees.

But how would the greedy Capitalist pigs at Serco keep their snouts in the trough?

It seems the Capitalists are exploiting the entire spectrum of the refugee / mass immigration crisis.

https://www.serco.com/uk/sector-expertise/immigration

Border control and immigration services

We are a world-leading provider of border control and immigration services in the UK. Having implemented part of the UK’s national security infrastructure in 2007 - the first service of its scale and kind in the world - we have managed the operation 24/7 on behalf of Border Force ever since.

The breadth and scope of our delivery and the innovation we bring is significant. Our services include the management of border controls, the management of detention centres, the provision of housing and welfare support services for asylum applicants, the issuing of identity documents and repatriation services. We also deliver tracking, border detection, and surveillance services.   Our aim is to focus on the individual needs of everyone in our care while able to support the UK Government in developing new solutions to the ever-evolving threat to our national security.

We operate in two immigration areas:

Secure Immigration Detention

We operate secure detention services on behalf of government immigration departments. Our facilities and services ensure the safe and caring detention of people awaiting information on their asylum status.

Accommodation
Community Accommodation and Support

We provide vital community accommodation and support services for people while their asylum claim is being processed. We manage an extensive property portfolio with the aim of providing the best possible care.