Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Exactly there’s jobs for the people on Credit who say they can’t find work.

So, point me to someone on 'Credit' who says that? Only people I can think of aren't fit for work for one reason or another. It is a very popular idea that people are 'abusing' social welfare, but once you start analysing the data properly it becomes clear quickly that it is just that, a popular idea, not reality. 

My nephew,hasn’t worked for 15 years.says he can’t find work.

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Either he is unable to work because of a health condition, or this 'nephew' of yours expects us to believe there has been no job that he's been able to bag despite trying hard for 15 years. The former is fine of course, there are plenty of people in that position. But the latter?

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

He says that to his hard-nosed uncle, what is the actual reason he isn't working? Drugs, alcohol, mental health? 

There is not a single reason in the UK not to find work other than some sort of debilitating issue. If your nephew is indeed living completely on benefits than he is one poor chap as it isn't anywhere near enough to live well on.

10 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

He says that to his hard-nosed uncle, what is the actual reason he isn't working? Drugs, alcohol, mental health? 

There is not a single reason in the UK not to find work other than some sort of debilitating issue. If your nephew is indeed living completely on benefits than he is one poor chap as it isn't anywhere near enough to live well on.

Listen me old Dutch are you telling me everybody in benefits wants to go to bed early to get up early to put a hard days graft in,You said point you to someone which I did.

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Listen me old Dutch are you telling me everybody in benefits wants to go to bed early to get up early to put a hard days graft in,You said point you to someone which I did.

😁 Fair enough Dobster 

Hahaha "Listen me old Dutch" 😂😂

Oh deep joy.  So the French Govt have finally stopped sitting on their hands & ordered the clearing of one of the migrant camps at Dunkirk. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59303652.amp

"France has accused the UK government of blowing the scale of migration out of proportion for political reasons, and failing to deter people from making the crossing." 

Well the UK could soon help with detering people from making the crossing by picking them up & sticking them back on a ferry to Calasis. 

Your problem Monsieur, you deal with it rather than passing the buck. 

Edited by Baron99

I suppose the explanation from the French authorities is that they were too busy further along the coast dismantling a camp at Dunkirk to deal with this lot. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-11-16/up-to-50-migrants-launch-dinghy-from-calais-beach-unhindered-by-french-police

"I talked briefly to some of the migrants who said they were from Iraqi Kurdistan and were pleased to be starting a new life in the UK.

One told me he had been in France for seven years and in prison for five. Throughout this entire episode there was not a single policeman to be seen anywhere, despite this beach being a notorious spot for migrants to launch their boats."

Edited by Baron99

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Oh deep joy.  So the French Govt have finally stopped sitting on their hands & ordered the clearing of one of the migrant camps at Dunkirk. 

"France has accused the UK government of blowing the scale of migration out of proportion for political reasons, and failing to deter people from making the crossing." 

Well the UK could soon help with detering people from making the crossing by picking them up & sticking them back on a ferry to Calasis. 

Not possible due to Brexit

Which is really, really funny 

15 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just as likely is the explanation that, as the UK (allegedly-) finally started paying some (£20m) of that £60m, which it had agreed to pay France for helping it to secure its border, France now starts to provide the service.

I’m glad that you’re seeing the value of that service for your money.

But it’s not a French problem, Monsieur, nor is any buck ‘passed’: there is no obligation whatsoever, in law or otherwise, for France (or any other country, for that matter) to secure its border in respect of people trying to get out, whether towards the UK or anywhere else. Only in respect of people trying to get in.

You cannot stick them back on a ferry to Calais, without due process. Which reportedly shows that, currently, a majority of people who claim asylum in the UK after crossing the Channel in small boats are likely to be granted protection:

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/new-refugee-council-analysis-shows-most-people-arriving-by-small-boats-across-the-channel-are-likely-be-fleeing-persecution/

I suppose you could always go full dictatorship à la Belarus, to shoulder that due process aside…but then, if so, what of the continuity of ferry crossings with the Continent, to stick migrants on?

Here’s some interesting, recent statistics on UK removals, in the vain hope that it will prompt a little introspection from the immigrant and France bashers:

Edited by L00b