Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

What do you mean by round them up?

How does recording the fingerprints of someone on a boat in the Channel determine the last safe country they were in?

They are on French soil.  They have entered France illegally.  The authorities, should round them up, (what's not to understand about that statement?), and deal with illegal migrants in their own country, rather than turning a blind eye to the problem.  

Of course that would mean acknowledging that it is  French problem & therefore taking ownership of the problem.   The finger print aspect, I'm talking about identifying people, long before they see a boat but picking them up within France as illegal immigrants & treating them as such.  Let the French deport illegal them from their own soil, long before they become our problem. 

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

What are the French doing t protect their borders into thir country?   

Why are the French happy that they have hundreds of illegal, possibly undocumented, immigrants not exactly hiding out in their northern coastal areas, without attempting to round them up?  Round them up, then fewer would be able to to leave.  As far as I know about France, you need ID on you just in case an officer asks for it? 

Are they not finger printed?

"Current French law states that the police and gendarmerie have the right to check your ID to avoid any threat to public order, or within the context of avoiding infractions. ... If there is no other way to check your ID, police and gendarmerie can take your photo and fingerprints. 22 Jul 2021"

There were 37.9 million visits made by overseas residents to the UK in 2019, if you include these dinghy crossings, the total would be around 38 million.

So the dinghy crossings are a very small part of posible violations of imigration control?

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Those two statements are evidence that I own the moral high ground.  

It’s certainly evidence of something,but moral high ground?

I think not.

7 hours ago, El Cid said:

There were 37.9 million visits made by overseas residents to the UK in 2019, if you include these dinghy crossings, the total would be around 38 million.

So the dinghy crossings are a very small part of posible violations of imigration control?

A good indicator of the size of this over inflated problem.

The truth is the illegal immigrants are more likely to enter the country by legal means,but then over stay their visa conditions.

Control of our borders is supposedly a major benefit of Brexit,but so far there is little evidence that there is anything that has been enabled to meet the targets set by Cameron,Patel and Johnson.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

Those two statements are evidence that I own the moral high ground.  

Your two statements are:

"No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage."

and

"The truth is I have far more respect for foreigners than the majority of remain voters and the anti Brexit mob who only really want them here to to do the low skilled menial jobs."

from which you deduce

"...I own the moral high ground."

Is there an explanation?

10 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Your two statements are:

"No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage."

and

"The truth is I have far more respect for foreigners than the majority of remain voters and the anti Brexit mob who only really want them here to to do the low skilled menial jobs."

from which you deduce

"...I own the moral high ground."

Is there an explanation?

Closet racist?

22 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It self explanatory.  Unlike others here I don't expect any economic foreign migrant to do the unglamorous jobs.

So who is supposed to do them?

There aren't enough indigenous UK available, or willing, to fill those roles.

An acquaintance I have regular dealing with based in London only voted to remain in the EU to ensure there wasn't a shortage of people to do the not so nice jobs (he phrased it no so politely)

...and they were right, because now there is a shortage and the economy is suffering as a result.

The truth is many remain voters and those supporting welcoming economic migrants arriving in British waters on inflatable boats have big problems with their moral compass.

1... You voted to remain! :?

2... There's a difference between welcoming, and pointing out their rights under international law.

3... The problem has been exacerbated as a direct result of the vote to leave.

The truth is leave voters didn't, and still don't, have a clue what they were voting for!

Edited by Magilla

58 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It self explanatory.  Unlike others here I don't expect any economic foreign migrant to do the unglamorous jobs. An acquaintance I have regular dealing with based in London only voted to remain in the EU to ensure there wasn't a shortage of people to do the not so nice jobs (he phrased it no so politely) The truth is many remain voters and those supporting welcoming economic migrants arriving in British waters on inflatable boats have big problems with their moral compass.

You are able to produce imaginary acquaintances to support your views as required.Indian Doctors who prey on their patients,and now a guy in London with a very particular reason for voting Remain.

Can you produce one who had a telling reason for leaving the EU,because we are short of those.

All migrants are driven by the desire for a better life .Many are starting from a very low base .

You like to label them all as “economic” migrants in a derogatory way.

I suggest that your moral compass is in need of re calibration.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

So who is supposed to do them?

(…)

Non-EU economic migrants who work for still less, of course.

With my apologies for the DM link.

Remember folks, it’s EU immigrants who were suppressing wages, OK?

😏😂

Edited by L00b

Just now, West 77 said:

A rather amusing contribution.  Perhaps I should have mentioned a family member who had  to have dealings with the coroners office because a foreign doctor (African) made spelling mistakes and other mistakes when providing the information necessary for a death certificate to be issued.

How does having no doctor at all help, in that scenario? :?

Just now, West 77 said:

I was under the impression a shortage of economic migrants was one of the main reasons why most remain voters decided to vote remain.

LOL, You were "under the impression", based on nothing I've ever actually said :?

Just now, West 77 said:

Magilla keeps banging on about that reason.

Nope, that would be a product of your inability to comprehend what I'm banging on about. :? :hihi:

Just now, West 77 said:

Seasonal workers visas is a much better arrangement than being a member of the EU to recruit economic migrants for fruit picking jobs.

Aye, 'cos the solution to every problem is to spend orders of magnitude more, for no benefit :loopy:

Not going to help with the UK's competitive edge though, is it? :?

Just now, West 77 said:

I note the article states the economic migrants arriving  in our country to work for legitimate  businesses arrive  on aeroplanes and not on little inflatable boats setting off from the French coast.

Gosh, you really are confused! :hihi:

It doesn't mention little inflatable boats at all... why would it. EU workers didn't come on them either! :loopy:

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The thread is about economic migrants wanting to come to the UK from Calais who end up  doing so on inflatable boats.  I do try to keep on topic more than some of the contributors posting their anti Brexit and pro EU propaganda. 

You didn't say how having no doctor at all would have helped? :? :roll: