Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I usually agree with you and go along with your side of things but that post is just wrong 

West’s definition of “foreigners” would be interesting too.

14 hours ago, West 77 said:

No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage.

True colours coming out now.

14 hours ago, West 77 said:

No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage.

So instead of spouting excrement you will be sat in it.

18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I usually agree with you and go along with your side of things but that post is just wrong 

Don't worry Hacky boy, maybe Westie will bestow upon you the honour of wiping his arse when he's old & feeble ?

46 minutes ago, West 77 said:

In principle I don't have a problem with them providing they are competent. In fact I became quite friendly with an Indian doctor who ran my local surgery 30 years ago mainly because he was a regular at the local pub at the time. He was always complaining that he wasn't being paid enough and thought every patient should give him £5 on each visit. One of his elderly patients fell for his sob story and left him her six bedroom detached house with indoor swimming pool in her will. Not long after he took early retirement, sold up and moved to pastures new. The practice was took over by an English lady doctor who I've not got to know well mainly because I've never seen her in my local pub.

Pathetic effort.

Who wants a doctor,nurse,carer etc who is incompetent.

But that’s not your real issue is it as you have demonstrated.

On 10/09/2021 at 17:29, West 77 said:

This what you said:

"No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage."

And the reply:

"The truth is I have far more respect for foreigners than the majority of remain voters and the anti Brexit mob who only really want them here to to do the low skilled menial jobs."

Do you really think these two statements are compatible?

47 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This what you said:

"No foreigner regardless of whether they are an illegal migrant will be looking after me in my dotage."

And the reply:

"The truth is I have far more respect for foreigners than the majority of remain voters and the anti Brexit mob who only really want them here to to do the low skilled menial jobs."

Do you really think these two statements are compatible?

Do you really think that these two statements are even rational.

Just keep digging Westy

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, West 77 said:

In principle I don't have a problem with them providing they are competent. In fact I became quite friendly with an Indian doctor who ran my local surgery 30 years ago mainly because he was a regular at the local pub at the time. He was always complaining that he wasn't being paid enough and thought every patient should give him £5 on each visit. One of his elderly patients fell for his sob story and left him her six bedroom detached house with indoor swimming pool in her will. Not long after he took early retirement, sold up and moved to pastures new. The practice was took over by an English lady doctor who I've not got to know well mainly because I've never seen her in my local pub.

Did the BBC accept this outline for a Sunday evening show?

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

Naturally the pub had regular displays of flying pigs and unicorns patrolled the grounds of the 6 bed detached to guard the mermaids in the indoor swimming pool.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

I wish this country had the game show Jeopardy.

I'll take things that never happened for 500....

Anyway, back to the thread.  

Of the current £54 million offered to the French, on top of around, (as far as I can see), a previous £300 million since the days of Jack Straw / Davis Blunkett's days. 

Someone, somewhere has done the sums & must have worked out that £54 million, (OF YOUR MONEY), is a drop in the ocean, [pardon the pun) to give to the French & would.work out cheaper, rather than accept all those currently masses at the northern coast.  So for every one that makes it across, that more wasted. 

A few questions I'd like to be answered that I've never seen asked.  What are the French doing t protect their borders into thir country?   

Why are the French happy that they have hundreds of illegal, possibly undocumented, immigrants not exactly hiding out in their northern coastal areas, without attempting to round them up?  Round them up, then fewer would be able to to leave.  As far as I know about France, you need ID on you just in case an officer asks for it? 

Finally, those that the police do catch attempting to cross by boat or lorry.  Are they not finger printed?  This would prove the last SAFE  county they were in, where they didn't ask for asylum. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Anyway, back to the thread.  

Of the current £54 million offered to the French, on top of around, (as far as I can see), a previous £300 million since the days of Jack Straw / Davis Blunkett's days. 

Someone, somewhere has done the sums & must have worked out that £54 million, (OF YOUR MONEY), is a drop in the ocean, [pardon the pun) to give to the French & would.work out cheaper, rather than accept all those currently masses at the northern coast.  So for every one that makes it across, that more wasted. 

A few questions I'd like to be answered that I've never seen asked.  What are the French doing t protect their borders into thir country?   

Why are the French happy that they have hundreds of illegal, possibly undocumented, immigrants not exactly hiding out in their northern coastal areas, without attempting to round them up?  Round them up, then fewer would be able to to leave.  As far as I know about France, you need ID on you just in case an officer asks for it? 

Finally, those that the police do catch attempting to cross by boat or lorry.  Are they not finger printed?  This would prove the last SAFE  county they were in, where they didn't ask for asylum. 

What do you mean by round them up?

How does recording the fingerprints of someone on a boat in the Channel determine the last safe country they were in?

Edited by Bargepole23