Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Isn't it funny how you expect someone to back up they claims with evidence if they dare to refute anything you claim. Yet you aren't prepared to do the same?

Hate to think you have double standards or anything

Pardon me for assuming you had the intelligence to know an obvious falsehood when you see one.

Contentious or unfamiliar ideas may well deserve referencing, but asserting that a claim that the country is full is nonsense is on a par with asserting that the sun coming out at night, or the moon being made green cheese is nonsense.

23 minutes ago, retep said:

Depends on who you believe,

"As an island nation with limited land area and natural resources, the United Kingdom is under tremendous population pressure.

The UK is one of the most nature-depleted countries in the world and with no end to population growth in sight, pressure on wildlife, housing, public services and resources will continue to grow."

https://populationmatters.org/the-facts/uk

Interesting source.

Not like you to side with the yoghurt knitting lefties.

Population Matters is an influential think tank. Their policy on asylum seekers is that the U.K. government should “fulfil their moral and legal obligations to accept and support asylum seekers and refugees”. I guess you agree with that too.

I knew you’d find some humanity one day.

Edited by Pettytom

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Interesting source.

Not like you to side with the yoghurt knitting lefties.

Population Matters is an influential think tank. Their policy on asylum seekers is that the U.K. government should “fulfil their moral and legal obligations to accept and support asylum seekers and refugees”. I guess you agree with that too.

I knew you’d find some humanity one day.

Are you suggesting the government are not?

16 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Pardon me for assuming you had the intelligence to know an obvious falsehood when you see one.

Contentious or unfamiliar ideas may well deserve referencing, but asserting that a claim that the country is full is nonsense is on a par with asserting that the sun coming out at night, or the moon being made green cheese is nonsense.

You'd expect the same evidence if the tables were turned and there's no way you'd let someone get away with just saying...it's a falsehood, it's a falsehood. 

6 minutes ago, retep said:

I’m asking you whether you agree with Population Matters when it comes to policy on asylum seekers. It seems logical as you are holding them up as experts. I’m pleased to see you engaging so enthusiastically with the liberal left, by the way.

Before you answer, you might want to take a look at their specific stance on refugees from Syria.

13 minutes ago, retep said:

They're doing a very small amount relative to what they could and should do. 

11 minutes ago, retep said:

You appear to be arguing the government shouldn't uphold the rights of refugees not to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in.

And anyhow most asylum seekers in the UK come here by air so it is their first point of call.

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m asking you whether you agree with Population Matters when it comes to policy on asylum seekers. It seems logical as you are holding them up as experts. I’m pleased to see you engaging so enthusiastically with the liberal left, by the way.

Before you answer, you might want to take a look at their specific stance on refugees from Syria.

I am holding no one up as experts, when it comes to population the numbers speak for themselves the are unsustainable,

and I'm certainly not enthusiastic about the loony liberal left they would ruin whats left of this country,

they have done their best so far but people are waking up to the damage they have done.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You appear to be arguing the government shouldn't uphold the rights of refugees not to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in.

And anyhow most asylum seekers in the UK come here by air so it is their first point of call.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Then you would be wrong, I'm not arguing anything, I was asking a question denoted by a ?

1 minute ago, retep said:

I am holding no one up as experts, when it comes to population the numbers speak for themselves the are unsustainable,

and I'm certainly not enthusiastic about the loony liberal left they would ruin whats left of this country,

they have done their best so far but people are waking up to the damage they have done.

So, the link that you gave us in post 333 is from an organisation that you are unenthusiastic about. That’s interesting.

We all know that the Earth is overpopulated, but shifting a few people from war torn Syria to the U.K. doesn’t make that particular problem any better, or any worse. 

Anyway, why not have a read of some of your new chum, Jonathan Porritt’s ideas. I’m sure you’ll like them.

10 minutes ago, Halibut said:

They're doing a very small amount relative to what they could and should do. 

Perhaps a one in one out could be the answer, any volunteers from our resident lefties.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

So, the link that you gave us in post 333 is from an organisation that you are unenthusiastic about. That’s interesting.

We all know that the Earth is overpopulated, but shifting a few people from war torn Syria to the U.K. doesn’t make that particular problem any better, or any worse. 

Anyway, why not have a read of some of your new chum, Jonathan Porritt’s ideas. I’m sure you’ll like them.

How many are you volunteering to put up or pay for?

7 minutes ago, retep said:

Then you would be wrong, I'm not arguing anything, I was asking a question denoted by a ?

So you're quite comfortable with people legally claiming asylum in the UK then?