Are Calais Migrants OUR Problem?

Well France. These sorts of incidents will happen if you don't secure your southern & eastern borders with your neighbours & allow illegal immigrants to wonder freely into your country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42912670

And you have the cheek to ask the UK for additional monies to beef-up Calasis Port security.

5 shot in gang fighting between them who's waiting to come here,do we really want this lot.

5 shot in gang fighting between them who's waiting to come here,do we really want this lot.

what i read was ONE Afghan fired on a group of eritreans, no idea why, maybe an arguement started. then the eritreans obviously went into revenge mode and fought the guy and his friends with iron bars and stuff (lets face it we'd all go into survival mode if shot at)

what i read was ONE Afghan fired on a group of eritreans, no idea why, maybe an arguement started. then the eritreans obviously went into revenge mode and fought the guy and his friends with iron bars and stuff (lets face it we'd all go into survival mode if shot at)

And the fighting moved elsewhere but that's not my question.

Sir Nige’ said we’re leaving the EU.

BoJo the Clown said the EU can go whistle.

Now we’re no longer part of the EU, why should Southern European and Eastern European countries go to the expense of securing their borders when most immigrants simply want to pass through those countries to get to the UK?

You wanted a Hard Brexit and to tell the EU to shove it, and you got it :)

So what the hell are you whinging for?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TBQH If I were France, I'd wave them on if they wanted to go to (Not so great) Britain and tell the UK to deal with them.

And the fighting moved elsewhere but that's not my question.

In answer to your question No . I know that wont be popular and people will defend those people but in reality we don't know who these people are , where they are from , and if they are criminals or not ? Im ready for the usual comments

We will export most of it to the same places. They will still buy our stuff and we will buy theirs. There will be little difference.

doesn't that depend on things like tariffs and regulations and whether or not it takes 4 days to get a shipment through customs?

We will also be able to export to other markets without the need of a letter from mum either.

there is nothing stopping us doing that now

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TBQH If I were France, I'd wave them on if they wanted to go to (Not so great) Britain and tell the UK to deal with them.

And if you were France, you'd know that you'd already agreed & signed up to a number of legal EU laws & conventions to deal with migrants, (in their various forms) including migrants seeking asylum in the first EU country.

http://publications.europa.eu/webpub/com/factsheets/migration-crisis/en/

Note the paragraph from the link; "But not everyone who comes to Europe needs protection. Many people leave their homes in an attempt to improve their lives. These people are often referred to as economic migrants, and if they do not have a legitimate claim to protection, then national governments have an obligation to ensure that they return (either voluntarily or with use of coercive measures) to their home country, or to another country through which they have passed."

To be honest, I don't know why the UK doesn't already invoked this part of the law at present & return the economic migrants back France. Just because you want to come to the UK, doesn't mean you're entitled to.

Then again, it must be difficult when your mext door neighbour, Germany, appears to have an open door policy. Although that exercise is continuing to unravel the social order there with ongoing unrest in cities & towns:

https://www.ft.com/content/b97b0fc2-0753-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

When we finally leave the EU, we'll no longer be subject to the EU laws so we'll be legally entitled to return any stowaway back to the shores of the United States of Europe.

France approves new immigration laws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43860880

They include a 1 year prison sentence for entering France illegally. Good, at last the French appear to be doing something to protect their borders from their continental neighbours.

Let's see if they start be using them on the hundreds of illegal immigrants trying night after night to illegally enter the UK or will the usual French / EU turn a blind eye to them as in the past?

France approves new immigration laws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43860880

They include a 1 year prison sentence for entering France illegally. Good, at last the French appear to be doing something to protect their borders from their continental neighbours.

Let's see if they start be using them on the hundreds of illegal immigrants trying night after night to illegally enter the UK or will the usual French / EU turn a blind eye to them as in the past?

I love how the hospital is mocking charity in the above post: the U.K. can’t find it’s own immigration policy a55 with both hands (‘Windrush’ rings a bell?) and you pretend to pass judgement on how other EU countries modify and enforce theirs?

Our terrible immigration policy is what created the migrant camps at Calais and Sangatte in the first place.

Now that 'The jungle' has been dealt with at Calasis with greater security measures, it appears the problem has moved along the coast to smaller ports such as Ouistreham.

https://news.sky.com/story/migrants-desperate-dash-to-catch-lorries-to-the-uk-11491961

When I saw a similar report on the BBC a few weeks ago, one local's views were; "Well if the want to go to England, then let them", but as can be seen from the Sky story, the French authorities, by not securing their other borders to the south & east are actually causing problems for their own citizens as well as creating additional illegal immigration problems for the UK.