Is racism on the increase?

it's weird how you seem to find it acceptable to use all descriptions of disabilities or the abbreviation for a chinese, yet have to star out for the shortening of a Pakistani shop. do you find one less offensive than the other?

I didn't star it out, SF did. No, I think they're equally offensive.

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 06:09 ----------

Not arguing at all but how come we can call someone Afghan , Izbek , kurd and many others who come from countries with Stan in the name but it is considered to be a racial slur for **** . Honest question :confused:

The other 'stans' don't carry a racist connotation, because they aren't associated with decades of racist behaviour and attitudes that have been expressed towards them.

Not arguing at all but how come we can call someone Afghan , Izbek , kurd and many others who come from countries with Stan in the name but it is considered to be a racial slur for **** . Honest question :confused:

Swear filter?

Swear filter?

Yes. The first four letters of the word Pakistani are often used by racists in an offensive manner; many people consider this rude and unpleasant.

Yes. The first four letters of the word Pakistani are often used by racists in an offensive manner; many people consider this rude and unpleasant.

There aren't many words that make me cringe from the tips of my toes to the top of my head but that certainly is one of them.

Both can be simultaneously true. It's not a mind bender and strict reliance on data will only lead you up the garden path of prejudice and poor decisions.

What's the alternative to 'strict' reliance on data. To just guess. Idiocy.

Racism is not a problem, it's just lefties complaining. Those darkies should be happy we let them out of their chains. Now look at them getting all uppity trying to marry our royals.

Or something along those lines. I think I've given up with internet people, how come we don't meet so many nobs in real life?

Come on. You hear people saying that every single day . It hasnt stopped .

I've not heard it for years. I literally can't remember the last time so it must have been around 1989 when I was pubbing it in Ecclesfield.

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 08:41 ----------

Ah. The Paul Simon school of data analysis.

I never did set much store by that approach.

Never ever try firing photons through slits. Your brain will explode. :hihi:

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 08:43 ----------

Interpretation.

Idiocy isn't my speciality.

Swear filter?

There aren't many words that make me cringe from the tips of my toes to the top of my head but that certainly is one of them.

*writes to the daily mail

Dimple and Halibut in SF agreement shock*

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 16:34 ----------

how come we don't meet so many nobs in real life?

sadly it is happening more and more

*writes to the daily mail

Dimple and Halibut in SF agreement shock*

*melthebell reads the daily mail shock*

*melthebell reads the daily mail shock*

i dont really just thought it would be the most "shocking" of stories for a paper that enjoys shocking its readership :P

Racism is not a problem, it's just lefties complaining. Those darkies should be happy we let them out of their chains. Now look at them getting all uppity trying to marry our royals.

Or something along those lines. I think I've given up with internet people, how come we don't meet so many nobs in real life?

Something to do with social circles. We all naturally gravitate towards people that are similar to ourselves, so we inherently have a low chance of interacting for very long with people who hold radically different views.

Something to do with social circles. We all naturally gravitate towards people that are similar to ourselves, so we inherently have a low chance of interacting for very long with people who hold radically different views.

thing is thats changing too, with more and more people being sucked in to the whole populist intolence i've noticed more and more people i know including friends taking more intolerant stances :(