LittleDale shop still charging £1.00 for cards

Just an update, they stopped charging shortly after this post went up. Well done to them.

Just come back from the shop where the owner wanted to charge me £1,00 for using my Debt card (it was the usual practise) when I told her it was NOW against the law to charge her reply was " I know nothing about it, you can pay by cash"

I did pay by cash, but just for you my darling -

Credit cards: is this the end of the great rip-off?

Customers can no longer be charged extra for paying by credit or debit card, At midnight on Friday, a rip-off that has cost Britons hundreds of millions of pounds a year was finally outlawed. All extra charges for using a credit or debit card to pay for goods and services have now been banned, which means no more nasty surprises at the checkout, says the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jan/13/credit-card-surcharge-debit-ban

If it's now illegal for shops to charge customers for using a credit card, how come the resteraunt I just went to charged me 50p for using a card?

If it's now illegal for shops to charge customers for using a credit card, how come the resteraunt I just went to charged me 50p for using a card?

Report them to Trading Standards.