LittleDale shop still charging £1.00 for cards

Morrisons and Asda have done away with 5p bags and I believe Tesco has. Charity my foot, it's another way to rip off the British public. Why can't they provide paper carrier bags like they did in the "Old days", Primark does.

Why should shops provide 5p single use bags and then be forced to donate the money to charity without deducting the cost of the bags!

Read the Govt link and when you realise the hassle it causes to retailers then maybe you will realise why retailers think it's not worth having the 5p bags= https://www.gov.uk/guidance/carrier-bag-charges-retailers-responsibilities

Why can't shoppers bring their own bags when out shopping?

Do the cahrge for carrier bags as well???

Coupke of small shops i use tried to charge me 5p and wern't over happy when i quoted the law!!

Was it the way you quoted it that upset them?

because using paper bags would impact on trees thats why we need to re use whats already been manufactured .The government should put out the why this is all happening to educate people the importance of cutting down on the waste

You do know that the 5p bags charge is such that the shops can't even deduct the cost of the bags, only reasonable admin costs so the rest has to go to charity.

I do indeed.

Why should shops provide 5p single use bags and then be forced to donate the money to charity without deducting the cost of the bags!

Read the Govt link and when you realise the hassle it causes to retailers then maybe you will realise why retailers think it's not worth having the 5p bags= https://www.gov.uk/guidance/carrier-bag-charges-retailers-responsibilities

Why can't shoppers bring their own bags when out shopping?

Can't small retailers still give them away, or charge what they want for them without involving themselves in the legislation covering larger stores?

Can't small retailers still give them away, or charge what they want for them without involving themselves in the legislation covering larger stores?

We can at the moment but I think Govt is trying to bring in law that means we will also have to charge.

because using paper bags would impact on trees thats why we need to re use whats already been manufactured .The government should put out the why this is all happening to educate people the importance of cutting down on the waste

Presumably they could be made from recycled paper.

Presumably they could be made from recycled paper.

Paper has certainly worked for Primark.

Morrisons and Asda have done away with 5p bags and I believe Tesco has. Charity my foot, it's another way to rip off the British public. Why can't they provide paper carrier bags like they did in the "Old days", Primark does.

If you can't be bothered to take a bag shopping they charge you to buy one. You don't have to buy one.

When cashier says do you want a bag I say no I’m going to carry all my shopping on my head

Instead of being a smartarse, you could just bring one with you...

We have been paying for plastic bags for years in Ontario. We just re-use them several times before we pay again. Unfortunately, a lot of people still can't be pestered to recycle stuff and this is a way to make you re-cycle for your own use, or you will just have to keep on paying or do it the old-fashioned way and buy a proper shopping bag.

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 14:28 ----------

A lot of men take their bags shopping

Ever told your wife that one? :hihi: