Sheffield Hospital Letters (esp Hallamshire) anybody else have probs?

I've noticed recently that I have not been receiving letters sent from the Hallamshire? All my other mail is arriving fine so not a problem at my end. But I am regularly receiving reminder calls (and the odd reminder letter) from the hospital chasing me up about appointments for which I have not received a letter. It's for more than one clinic and more than one family member.

This makes me think that the problem is at their end and letters are not going out properly from their mailroom. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

I received a letter this morning for an appointment booked verbally yesterday, for an appointment on Tuesday. So no, all fine here.

It's not just a recent problem. A few years ago I received a letter confirming my cataract removal the day after I'd had the operation. I think they use 2nd class or pony express.

Surely text or email would be a more effective and cheaper way to communicate appointment confirmations in the 21st century ?

Not everyone has or uses text or Email how about ESP?

Not everyone has or uses text or Email how about ESP?

No but it is easy to find out and ask if you have and whether it can be used. I have received a text reminding me about a doctors appointment and I also order my prescriptions on line which makes it easier.

I agree. It is everyone's responsibility to keep up with current technology otherwise you will get left behind and miss appointments

No but it is easy to find out and ask if you have and whether it can be used. I have received a text reminding me about a doctors appointment and I also order my prescriptions on line which makes it easier.

I also receive text reminders etc but the point I'm making is that not everyone has a mobile or the internet.

---------- Post added 14-01-2018 at 00:14 ----------

I agree. It is everyone's responsibility to keep up with current technology otherwise you will get left behind and miss appointments

Providing you have the knowledge, inclination and of course the cash to keep up with technology.

I also receive text reminders etc but the point I'm making is that not everyone has a mobile or the internet.

---------- Post added 14-01-2018 at 00:14 ----------

Providing you have the knowledge, inclination and of course the cash to keep up with technology.

Text messenging as a popular use of communication is about 20 years old. I can buy a mobile phone for a tenner. If you don't and have never owned these devices it's a conscious choice, one that could be holding everyone else back.

The one thing that I really do appreciate is the simple use of a booking clerk to organise the appointments by phoning people and in the 3 minute call that it takes the hospital know that the appointment is convenient and that the patient knows where to go, what to bring etc. So much more effective than sending you a letter and waiting for everybody to phone in and reorganise. If you've got 10 patients waiting for the same clinic test, doesn't it make sense to just call them and organise?

James at the RHH, who I get to speak to quite a lot at the moment, thank you for running my doctor's appointment system so well.

No it not everyone's responsibility. People have choices and I for one will not use a mobile phone apart from in an emergency. Only my family have my number as I do not always have it switched on unless I may need it. I do not use facebook or twitter or even have a contactless bank card. My choice not yours.

I am one of a dying breed and it is one I am proud of and in the meantime it is up to all people to be tolerant, as we have to be to others who walk out in front of traffic while using their phones or bump into us. A mobile phone does not rule my life.

Many people need a hospital appt to have their phone surgically detached from their hand. Especially hospital staff who cannot resist looking at their mobiles when on duty.

No it not everyone's responsibility. People have choices and I for one will not use a mobile phone apart from in an emergency. Only my family have my number as I do not always have it switched on unless I may need it. I do not use facebook or twitter or even have a contactless bank card. My choice not yours.

I am one of a dying breed and it is one I am proud of and in the meantime it is up to all people to be tolerant, as we have to be to others who walk out in front of traffic while using their phones or bump into us. A mobile phone does not rule my life.

Many people need a hospital appt to have their phone surgically detached from their hand. Especially hospital staff who cannot resist looking at their mobiles when on duty.

I agree - people DO have choices. But if those people choose not to have their mobile phones turned on and rely on the post these days they WILL miss appointments and important information reaching them in a timely manner.