Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Do you have a idol, or a muse?

Not one for idols but a man who I have admired since childhood is/was Ernesto 'Che' Guevara. Mind you I am not alone there, ask anyone from South or Central America your question and his name will be instantly uttered. I am not a communist, by the way, but will always have a soft spot for a man who fights to free another man's country from tyranny, and asks for nothing in return.

"Asks for nothing" , He made a fortune selling those T shirts with his face on them

"Asks for nothing" , He made a fortune selling those T shirts with his face on them

:hihi::hihi::hihi: I got one quite recently,my wife and daughter have been to Cuba five times, so I have five shirts natch.lol .He is still revered down there.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Maggie Thatcher

Great choice :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 23:08 ----------

John Lennon, do you like men who abuse women and are emotionally abusive to their own children?

I find generally, most people are full of cr@p, they hide it well though, under a veneer of respectability. Your only 'idol' should be yourself, no one knows you better than you, where you've come from, what you've achieved and problems you've overcome.

Having an idol, is a bit like disrespecting yourself.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 17:10 ----------

Here ya go, happy reading Amber!

https://listverse.com/2012/05/12/top-10-unpleasant-facts-about-john-lennon/

Yawwwwwwn :rolleyes:

Great choice :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 23:08 ----------

Yawwwwwwn :rolleyes:

For a mediocre wind up merchant maybe!

John Lennon, do you like men who abuse women and are emotionally abusive to their own children?

I find generally, most people are full of cr@p, they hide it well though, under a veneer of respectability. Your only 'idol' should be yourself, no one knows you better than you, where you've come from, what you've achieved and problems you've overcome.

Having an idol, is a bit like disrespecting yourself.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 17:10 ----------

Here ya go, happy reading Amber!

https://listverse.com/2012/05/12/top-10-unpleasant-facts-about-john-lennon/

I wouldn't have been a fan in the past, if I'd honestly known that, Dr Feelgood. Your right about some people being full of crap tho.

Tell me what's a muse? I might have one without knowing it.

Also what's a snowflake? not the obvious!

Not as a rule, but some people manage to impress me at times, often times through exhibiting a combination of dignity, eloquence, force of conviction and matching action to words. Not to mention some good old fashioned confirmation bias of course.

As the only Conservative MP to vote against the triggering of Article 50, and for the quality and gravitas of this speeches on the topic, Kenneth Clarke is one of those. Very much a case of respect the man, not the rosette.

Elvis Presley, he certainly left his mark on the music industry, as the king of rock and roll.

In his younger days he was the most handsome man ever, I thought he had it all. What a shame he refused help for his drug addiction, he still had so much more to give.

yes he definitely is my muse.

Mines Barry Gibb. He’s so cool. :cool:

mines elvis