Sign in to follow this  

Next Door Neighbours Rubbish!

Help Please!

Our 'delightful' neighbours house is a disgrace.

The front garden has a demolished wall in it,

along with a 3 peice suite, a gas fire and a

twin tub! These items have been their for several

months now.

What they do with their stuff doesn't particularly

bother me, but now there are several mice appearing

on our boundary fence (next to their junk) and it

does look very unsightly!

But as we live on a private estate i'm not sure if

their is anything we can do about it.

I think you should phone the council, or maybe have a look on their website? Legally, gardens must be in a decent state - and certainly not an attraction for vermin.

You could try enviromental health espaecially if mice are becoming a problem and if any of your other neighbours are concerned get them to complain too :):thumbsup:

Call 2734567 they will pass you to the relevant dept. but call on Tuesday when they are open for business.

will do = thanks for the advice

i was considering moving = but really dont see why i should

Why not nip round and have a word, ask them to shift it politely of course.

i was considering moving = but really dont see why i should

Well you'll still need to sort it out if you're moving, because it could put people off buying your house.

Calling in the Council isn’t all that wise a move. You can do it in one of two ways, either anonymously or by giving your name. If you make your complain anonymously the Council cannot divulge you name to your neighbour, but your neighbour will guess that you have reported the state of the garden, and the likely event is that you’ll end up with a very vindictive neighbour. For example, you’ll have to expect any kind of revenge and your difficulty wil be in proving that it came from your neighbour. The police will require absolute proof rather than guesswork, and of course your neighbour will deny anything and everything.

Being straightforward and giving your name is no better. All you can expect is the same sort of revenge — possibly on a grand scale. I have in the past experienced all this, albeit for things different to having my household implements scattered about my garden. I’ve also had the Council round because people have anonymously claimed I’m doing things which I am not doing. The same could apply to you, so beware.

Help Please!

Our 'delightful' neighbours house is a disgrace.

The front garden has a demolished wall in it,

along with a 3 peice suite, a gas fire and a

twin tub! These items have been their for several

months now.

What they do with their stuff doesn't particularly

bother me, but now there are several mice appearing

on our boundary fence (next to their junk) and it

does look very unsightly!

But as we live on a private estate i'm not sure if

their is anything we can do about it.

you have my sympathy...i left my last house because if a problem neighbour...he used to burn electrical wire in a metal dustbin to get the sheething off to take it to the scrapyard...the smell would last for days...when i went round and told him about it he genuinely didnt know why i was angry...he didnt work and was up all hours...i never went on holiday cos i suspected either him or one of his mates would break in

there should be a covenant in their property deeds stating that they cannot allow the demised premises (this means anything within the boundary of their property) to fall into a state of disrepair. if the council cannot help, I'd get a solicitor involved. BUT before you do, contact the company who you have your home insurance with and ask if you get 'legal cover' as this will cover your legal expenses, so you wont have a hefty solicitors bill.

If not, I know that HALIFAX home insurance offer legal cover, whats more it's free for your first year (after that it's about £14 per year) not much if you think it could save you hundreds of pounds in legal costs. good luck.

If you are leashold rather than freehold I suspect you may be able to take it up with the 'landlord' of your lease

Calling in the Council isn’t all that wise a move. You can do it in one of two ways, either anonymously or by giving your name. If you make your complain anonymously the Council cannot divulge you name to your neighbour, but your neighbour will guess that you have reported the state of the garden, and the likely event is that you’ll end up with a very vindictive neighbour. For example, you’ll have to expect any kind of revenge and your difficulty wil be in proving that it came from your neighbour. The police will require absolute proof rather than guesswork, and of course your neighbour will deny anything and everything.

Being straightforward and giving your name is no better. All you can expect is the same sort of revenge — possibly on a grand scale. I have in the past experienced all this, albeit for things different to having my household implements scattered about my garden. I’ve also had the Council round because people have anonymously claimed I’m doing things which I am not doing. The same could apply to you, so beware.

You don't have much faith in any authority do you Peterw? If the person is a tenant of the council there need not be any reference to the poster. It is a breach of the tenancy agreement to leave a garden in such a state. As far as having the council round in a revenge report! If you are not doing anything wrong there is nothing to worry about is there?