Morgan car dealers on Neepsend Lane.

I and my partner bought the small section of your garage , , the latin meaning ," we will make it work" , I believe .

Our section was taken over by Tosh Wild who has passed away a few years ago , the present owner is un known but the place has a council condemned notice on it , or it had last year .

Sam used to live on Industry Street not seen him for 20 years or so .

Frank Howe car sprayer also had section of the old garage , you couldn't get in his section for old paint tins and discarded car parts , He used to share his dinner with the rats .

I believe the Latin translates as ‘ Don’t let the b........rds grind you down’. 

I used to own Anatol Automotive on Bowness Rd and was a friend of Petes ive not seen Steve for a while now but I knew him from his days working for jan at Meersbrook Garage ,he knows me well,i was in the trade for 50 yrs until i sold up and retired in 2004.

Cuttsie I knew all them Frank would paint your car in any shade of Dulux you fancied,I remember Tony Wild from years back.

7 minutes ago, bullerboY said:

I used to own Anatol Automotive on Bowness Rd and was a friend of Petes ive not seen Steve for a while now but I knew him from his days working for jan at Meersbrook Garage ,he knows me well,i was in the trade for 50 yrs until i sold up and retired in 2004.

Cuttsie I knew all them Frank would paint your car in any shade of Dulux you fancied,I remember Tony Wild from years back.

Tosh Wild my pal, miss him . Will have to  tell a few stories on ordinary Sheffielders  although some will be better left in the corner of my mind .

Edited by cuttsie

On 26/10/2021 at 18:57, bullerboY said:

Had a look at the old Morgan garage today , our old section still boarded up looking derelict , Some story's that place can tell .

Hi  Cuttsie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back,I am just looking at the paper work for the old garage.    Sold to messers cuts and wild february 1984.     It breaks my heart to see the state of it now.

kind regards,

brian.

33 minutes ago, Brian Hardy said:

Hi  Cuttsie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back,I am just looking at the paper work for the old garage.    Sold to messers cuts and wild february 1984.     It breaks my heart to see the state of it now.

kind regards,

brian.

That's us 1984 .time flies eh?

Due to your posts I had s look yesterday our old part is in a bad way 

I would love to get in and have a look around . We had feral cats that came in through a hole in the wall. Wonder if they are still there. Also visited the antique centre I knew the owners and did work for them .bought some junk to add to the rest in shed

I believe there was a showroom for morgan vehicles located on paternoster row.

The garage on Neepsend Lane has just been sold for fifty thousand pounds . It will soon be part of Yuppie land spreading along the Lane .

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The garage on Neepsend Lane has just been sold for fifty thousand pounds . It will soon be part of Yuppie land spreading along the Lane .

Wonder if they'll call it Bacon Island.