Morgan car dealers on Neepsend Lane.

Around 1963 a pal of mine bought a Morgan three wheeler car from a dealership on Neepsend Lane , does any one remember what the garage was called also did the business move to else where in Sheffield .

I have forwarded the request to the Morgan Car Club forum.....

And as if by magic, the reply came in the form of my next post....

Edited by smithy266
Added response

There were two Morgan garages (not official dealers, but recognised by MMC); the earlier one was called Brian Hardy Garages and owned by Brian who eventually moved on to Traction engines as his main interest. Working for Brian was Graham Pearson who moved on to set up Rex Motor Services.

The Yorkshire Centre still award a cup called the Brian Hardy Trophy; which was presented to the Yorkshire Centre in the 1970's, for the winner of the Yorkshire Weekend........which I used to organise. This event ran until 1993 and was a grass Autotest designed for fun and enjoyment.

My responder has just come back with.....I have just noticed the date of 1963 in Richard's email. This would not have been Brian Hardy or Rex Motors then; but may have been Billie James

Edited by smithy266

Brian Hardy's premises are still there now, Neepsend Garage and Clutch Services.

I knew Brian Hardy very well he also owned a large house above Wyming brook near Redmires which he turned into a hunting lodge but it wasn't successful and I believe he went bust,sadly he died a few years ago.Rex Garages were part of the Rex fire prevention business on Harvest Lane.

I owned Brian Hardy ltd on Neepsend Lane and we were agents for Morgan sports cars.Supplying both new Morgans and spare parts.I did indeed go onto steam traction engines and owning Stanage Lodge running it as a clay pigeon shooting club and hosting corporate days.Due to a very bad partnership the business folded.The garage was sold and Graham Pearson took over the Morgan side of things at Rex Garage.

I am still very much alive and living in Crosspool,still clay pigeon shooting but all the traction engines have been sold.Hope this does not come as too much of a shock!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

302 Neepsend Lane Brian , now in a sad state repair present owner unknown.

I owned Brian Hardy ltd on Neepsend Lane and we were agents for Morgan sports cars.Supplying both new Morgans and spare parts.I did indeed go onto steam traction engines and owning Stanage Lodge running it as a clay pigeon shooting club and hosting corporate days.Due to a very bad partnership the business folded.The garage was sold and Graham Pearson took over the Morgan side of things at Rex Garage.

I am still very much alive and living in Crosspool,still clay pigeon shooting but all the traction engines have been sold.Hope this does not come as too much of a shock!!!!!!!!

Yes it breaks my heart to see it.We go past regularly as we are frequent visitors to Kellam Flea.The Fairfield pub also looks pretty grim now.

In the garage written on a white washed wall was a latin quote , forget how it went but maybe Brian knows .

Sorry for the misunderstanding about your well being,didnt Pete Hukin buy your garage for MOTs and repairs,I last saw you in SIMF quite a few years ago.

nil illegitimi carborundom.

Yes Pete bought the garage together with Sam Eales, I still see Steve from simf  now and again.but I have no idea who you are.

regards 

Brian.