car dealership/sales on fitzwilliam street, 90s

I am looking for the name of a car dealership/sales that was towards the bottom of fitzwilliam street opposite Wallace’s and swifts. I think it was there in the early 90s. I’ve tried early editions of google maps and searched the forums but can’t find anything, any clues or photos would be appreciated

Gregory and Dench were on Fitzwilliam St. Not sure if it's the right location on there.There is a photo on picture Sheffield.

Misspedantic

Thanks for your reply. Looking at the photo that’s at the top end near west street where west one is I think. I am looking for a car sales that was at the bottom end. Only a small car lot on a corner

I know the location you mean, it used to be Mason Brothers in the 60's. I think it was demolished and Fred Hartley's car spares occupied some of the site in the new build.

A car sales was next door, between the Salvation Army and Hartley's.

Diksey

Thanks for the reply, do you know the name of the car sales?. I can remember the Sally Army but can’t remember the spares shop. It’s great to look back at some of the old photos though

I seem to remember at some time it was called Fitzwilliam Autos.

In the 80's a chap called Richard Jennison had it before moving to Chapel Motors on Cemetery Road.

Diksey.

Thanks for the reply I’ll try some searches on that name

the only car spares shop at the bottom end was `Reliance `they were main dealers for SU carburettors,luminition and smith's industries we used them for years ,at the top of the street was kennings bmc,blmc and later Austin rover dealers parts dept.

Sheffield Motor Company a guy called John and his father run it

Owl Would that be John Reaney who went on to own Kelvin Garage?

3 hours ago, owl said:

Sheffield Motor Company a guy called John and his father run it

I remember SMC.  Bought several cars over the years.  Always had a good deal.  The business moved in around 2004 to a place off abbeydale road, near to the old laundry.  Not sure if they are still going.