Firewood / Logs - where do you buy yours from?

Those of you with stoves / log burners etc, if you don't grow and season your own - where do you buy your firewood / logs from?

Would you recommend your supplier?

Ta

I never buy logs, they are way too expensive.

I'm burning a tree I had taken down at the moment. Once I've finished that, I'll be back to buying smokeless fuel from Dixons. Much better value for money.

I have never bought wood plenty for free from builders, a skip can cost up to £180 so they are glad to give it away.

---------- Post added 08-01-2018 at 20:22 ----------

Those of you with stoves / log burners etc, if you don't grow and season your own - where do you buy your firewood / logs from?

Ta

parks dept shhh.

I've been buying mine from asda at £3 a bag. too expensive if you ask me. March last year they were selling at £1.30 a bag. I'd love to get my hands on someone's wood :hihi:

Are you near Fulwood,Clark Farm on Hangram Lane will bring a dumpy bag on the tractor if you ask them nicely .

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of kiln dried logs?

Its a minefield out there because quantities cannot be specified.

I mean- whats a 'bag' of logs?

If anyone has personal experience of getting value for money-then your help would be very much appreciated

Thank you.

John

I get mine from Earnshaws at Wentworth £3.50 a onion type bag hard wood logs

I've used 'The Log Shop' on Chesterfield Road for a while. Always been decent product, not really sure on the quantity/weight, I usually get 3 nets for ~£15. I've used Homebase too but found their logs to be damp.

Amey are selling them cheap. None in at the moment but soon :)

Ta

The sawmills in Ecclesall Woods (Abbey Lane Entrance) used to sell them, I haven't been past there in a while so cant confirm if they still are

I cut trees down in my local park in the middle of the night when nobody is around.