What is equality to you?

Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Only the wealthy middle class? Phew, that's me alright then.

How do you propose we achieve this removal - are you going to shoot everyone that eats quinoa?

Every job applicant must answer questions on their application such as:

What type of school did you attend when you were aged about 14?  

Did you receive free school meals at any point during your school years?  

Did your household receive Income Support at any point during your school years?  

Did any of your parent(s) or guardian(s) complete a university degree course or equivalent (e.g. BA, BSc or higher)?  

If incorrect answers are given, indicating a middle-class background, there must be a rejection of the application. Economic discrimination is both acceptable and essential to balance society. Racial discrimination is never acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Did your household receive Income Support at any point during your school years?  

Did any of your parent(s) or guardian(s) complete a university degree course or equivalent (e.g. BA, BSc or higher)?  

If incorrect answers are given, indicating a middle-class background, there must be a rejection of the application. Economic discrimination is both acceptable and essential to balance society. Racial discrimination is never acceptable.

Thats the funniest thing i have heard today made my weekend thank you lol

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

But social discrimination is fine and dandy. You're off your rocker.

24 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Racial discrimination is never acceptable.

Presumably that's why, in past discussions, you've been one of the most vocal in attacking methods to address racism and racial inequality while steadfastly refusing to offer any alternative.

You hate racial discrimination so much, you want it to continue exactly as it always has done :?

Edited by Magilla

15 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Presumably that's why, in past discussions, you've been one of the most vocal in attacking methods to address racism and racial inequality while steadfastly refusing to offer any alternative.

You hate racial discrimination so much, you want it to continue exactly as it always has done :?

In past discussions you have sought to exchange one type of racial discrimination with another - a very white middle class answer to a situation that white middle class people have created. As such, it is doomed to failure and will likely make things much worse. 

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

In past discussions you have sought to exchange one type of racial discrimination with another

I sought to defend an action to address inequality. Precisely the same action you now propose for a different context... so I can appreciate why that's somewhat embarrassing for you :thumbsup:

a very white middle class answer to a situation that white middle class people have created. As such, it is doomed to failure and will likely make things much worse. 

Rather predictably, exactly what I expect someone who is more than happy with the status quo would say :roll:

Since you just shot your own idea down in flames... I look forward to your continued failure to provide any alternative proposal :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

In past discussions you have sought to exchange one type of racial discrimination with another - a very white middle class answer to a situation that white middle class people have created. As such, it is doomed to failure and will likely make things much worse. 

You absolute racist and prejudicial pig.  

As a white and middle class person I am highly offended by such lazy generic catch all criricism against the white and moderately wealthy population.  

How dare you make such comments.  You are nothing more than an ill informed provocative troll who is more than happy to dish it out but then runs away when challenged to give a solution to a problem.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

Was this the first International Womans day, when the ladies were given daffodils? I thought that this pointless display in the workplace was very unproductive. Will the males get daffodils on International Mens day? 

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It's been illustrated and explained multiple times.  You can lead a horse to water...  But you're willfully refusing to drink.

Yes, you've explained multiple times, and to paraphrase what you're saying, it's ok to discriminate against race or gender as long as it's only against white men, then we can call it "positive action" rather than discrimination. It certainly is a very subtle difference.

15 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Yes, you've explained multiple times, and to paraphrase what you're saying, it's ok to discriminate against race or gender as long as it's only against white men, then we can call it "positive action" rather than discrimination. It certainly is a very subtle difference.

In short.  The injustice of social discrimination isn't applicable to 'positive action' because entitlement of the disadvantaged supersedes the rights of the so called privileged.  Interesting. 

8 minutes ago, danot said:

In short.  The injustice of social discrimination isn't applicable to 'positive action' because entitlement of the disadvantaged supersedes the rights of the so called privileged.  Interesting. 

Do you support the idea of giving substantial pay rises to workers at the expense of the CEO seeing a fall in their remuneration package?

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Do you support the idea of giving substantial pay rises to workers at the expense of the CEO seeing a fall in their remuneration package?

I'm an advocate for workers receiving the level of pay they initially agree upon. They deserve no more, no less in my opinion.  If I wasn't being paid my worth I'd walk.