What is equality to you?

Vaati

The bickering and insults can cease. You were warned by another mod only a few hours ago. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Explain how that would work then, given the explanation of what positive action is that you've been given multiple times.

Examiners only pass so many per year, irrespective of whether they should have passed or not.  The question is, who should he fail.

43 minutes ago, danot said:

Examiners only pass so many per year, irrespective of whether they should have passed or not.  The question is, who should he fail.

That's not positive action is it, not even similar to it.

1 hour ago, danot said:

I thought that was a myth to make people who fail their test feel better?

https://www.theaa.com/cars/news/hot-topics/driving-test-myths-12825.html

2 hours ago, danot said:

Bit light on facts there.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I thought that was a myth to make people who fail their test feel better?

https://www.theaa.com/cars/news/hot-topics/driving-test-myths-12825.html

The driving standards agency sets quotas that all examiner's have to keep their pass rates in line with. That's a fact. It's around the 47% mark I believe. In fact, there's one article which I'll try to find that tells of an examiner who was sacked for not meeting his quota, only hitting the 30% mark.  But back to my question.  What percentage of the 47% quota should we reserve for the disadvantaged we've spoke about? 50%? One in three? One in ten? What would be fair?

6 minutes ago, danot said:

The driving standards agency sets quotas that all examiner's have to keep their pass rates in line with. That's a fact. It's around the 47% mark I believe. In fact, there's one article which I'll try to find that tells of an examiner who was sacked for not meeting his quota, only hitting the 30% mark.  But back to my question.  What percentage of the 47% quota should we reserve for the disadvantaged we've spoke about? 50%? One in three? One in ten? What would be fair?

That's not a fact and driving tests have nothing to do with Positive Action.

Edited by SnailyBoy

8 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

That's not a fact and driving tests have nothing to do with Positive Action.

National pass rate figures don't lie.

Are you sure you know the meaning of positive action?  It's the implimentation of any of a wide range of measures designed to minimise disadvantage, or meet the needs of a disadvantaged group. It isn t restricted to the work place if that's what you're suggesting.

18 minutes ago, danot said:

National pass rate figures don't lie.

Are you sure you know the meaning of positive action?  It's the implimentation of any of a wide range of measures designed to minimise disadvantage, or meet the needs of a disadvantaged group. It isn t restricted to the work place if that's what you're suggesting.

*which doesn't include driving tests

6 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

*which doesn't include driving tests

What doesn't include driving tests?

1 minute ago, danot said:

What doesn't include driving tests?

Positive Action

9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Two equal candidates.  You have to decide between them somehow and your organisation through unconscious bias has an under representation of a particular demographic.

Should you flip a coin?  Or decide to hire the person from the previously under represented group?  Flipping a coin will disadvantage someone, because only 1 of the 2 is getting the job.

Yes flip a coin. At least that way someone loses out due to random luck rather than discrimination against their skin colour or gender.

9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

How can someone answer a question about a hypothetical situation you've made up?  

Because it wasn't my hypothetical question, it was your mate SnailyBoy's. He was trying to get me to answer a hypothetical question without filling in any details for me to inform my answer. You shot yourself in the foot there.

7 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

Yet more evidence of white privilege!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47468011

There's even inequality and racism within the black community!

Some people are simply obsessed with skin colour. I was miffed that Will Smith was given the part of Aladdin and blued himself up, denying a real blue skinned actor the part. I thought that was being picky but this is another level.

Equality to the out of touch BBC means 'no men'.

Just ask BBC Newcastle regional radio.