London road food establishments how many??

how many food businesses are there around the bottom of London road from sharrow to town? surely they cant make money all of them the area is hardly a bustling tourist area? the massive ice cream shop for one, you have to sell a hell of a lot to pay that rent!! maybe we are missing something/:roll:

Are you out of your mind?! :loopy:

My family and I come right from the other side of Sheffield to eat on London Road most weekends.

So many places are so busy that if you don't book, you don't get in!

Had to wait 30 mins the other week just to get a table at the massive new dessert place.

Think you need to get out a bit more:hihi:

On average over the course of the year I'll be driving from elsewhere in Sheffield where I live to London Road to eat at least once a week.

I don't doubt there are some dodgy characters and flybynights; just like there are everywhere!

London Road is a fantastic local asset with many cracking and good value restaurants...Urban Spoon, Noodle Inn, Pho68, Radhuni, Zeugma and Amigos to name just a few.

Many are incredible value because they are bring your own booze as the council don't give out licenses.

Which are your favourites?

The mrs and I regularly take a trip to London Road to eat - some of our favourite restaurants are there. Sheffield's a city of over 500,000 people, there's plenty of business to go round.

People on here will moan about absolutely anything, wont they?

How dare anyone in Sheffield open a business. Must be something dodgy!

I frequent one on London Road every couple of months(he'll never get rich on me) and i'm from out of Sheffield really.

Rossi's - just off London Road has been there for decades.

Which are your favourites?

For basic noodle soups Noodle Inn is a go to - it's not fancy, but their crispy belly pork is brilliant. Large portions, reasonable quality, it's not a date destination but after a long run it's spot on.

Pho 68 is good for vietnamese food, if you avoid the greasy fried noodles. They do a very nice chargrilled beef with rice noodles.

The Orchid (previously the Siam Inter) is good for Thai food, but I haven't been in a long time. Their Pad Thai is particularly nice, rather delicate compared to some I've had before.

I've found Amigos a bit hit and miss for mexican. It's certainly more Tex-Mex than proper Mexican, but worth a try.

But by & far the best restaurant down there is Yama Sushi - I bloody love that place. Fantastic sushi and their Ramen soups are spot on.

The ice cream shop owners dad is a very rich businessman, stop making insinuations about businesses and people you know nothing about. :rolleyes:

wasn't insinuating anything just observing, oh and wasnt one of the owners a couple of years back charged with some sexual assault?? on staff? oh and rich dad buys huge ice cream parlour i doubt it:roll:

---------- Post added 09-01-2018 at 17:05 ----------

Are you out of your mind?! :loopy:

My family and I come right from the other side of Sheffield to eat on London Road most weekends.

So many places are so busy that if you don't book, you don't get in!

Had to wait 30 mins the other week just to get a table at the massive new dessert place.

Think you need to get out a bit more:hihi:

actually i wasnt referring to places such at Zeugma, Pho, noodle in etc more the ice cream parlours and kebab takeaways.

always looks quiet when i go past fridays and saturdays :roll:

Edited by realcockney

I noticed there are a lot of barristers' chambers in and around Paradise Square. How can they all possibly continue in such a small area?

I noticed there are a lot of barristers' chambers in and around Paradise Square. How can they all possibly continue in such a small area?

Everybody likes a cup of coffee, so that's not a surprise:)

Well that was a tap in from a yard. I'll take credit for the "assist".

We've had our sandwich kiosk on London road for 18 years . It's not necessarily the amount of eateries that are the problem but the amount of customers we've lost due to redundancy and relocation. Students don't have as much disposable income as they use to due to fees and high rental costs . Their parents can't afford to sub them as much as they use to either . We lost Tc Harrison's and all the small factories around the back plus the department of trade and industry that housed a lot of staff . Most of the little independent shops closed along with the staff that bought from us . These shops were taken over by eateries . We battle on haha! too old now for a new enterprise . The lovely comments from our customers keeps us going especially in this freezing weather ?

wasn't insinuating anything just observing, oh and wasnt one of the owners a couple of years back charged with some sexual assault?? on staff? oh and rich dad buys huge ice cream parlour i doubt it:roll:

Think this is the case you're referring too.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/exclusive-sheffield-milkshake-shop-owner-s-three-year-nightmare-in-fight-to-clear-name-over-child-sex-attack-1-8261495

Actually the guy involved actually cleared his name.