Answer phone message from HMRC

Just had a voicemail left on the house phone.

It was an automated robotic voice and it just said

"This is HMRC. Something something (couldn't make it out) press 1 to speak to your (again couldn't make it out) think it said case officer.

This is getting bad again with these spammy calls, it's clear it's spam/scam calls.

Any idea how I can report this to HMRC?

Has anyone else had one of these voicemails?

HMRC can't really do anything about it, chances are the call comes from overseas which makes it very hard to stop them.

There's still people that fall for this and get charged hundreds. They should be stopped one way or another :(

Invest in a call blocker or BT phone with it built in and stop unwanted calls, best thing I ever did.

If I got a call from HMRC, I would instantly know that it is fraud, as trying to speak to them is virtually impossible :hihi:

HMRC can't really do anything about it, chances are the call comes from overseas which makes it very hard to stop them.

No its easy join sky talk not had one since i joined 6 months ago . used to get 6 a day before magic :hihi:

No its easy join sky talk not had one since i joined 6 months ago . used to get 6 a day before magic :hihi:

Only works on known numbers or those from suspect areas.

Some call centres spoof their number so it appears to be a local call, those ones will get through the filter as it doesn't think they are bad.

Only works on known numbers or those from suspect areas.

Some call centres spoof their number so it appears to be a local call, those ones will get through the filter as it doesn't tink they are bad

No it works on all numbers none get through .See my previous post on how it works 6 a day to none end of story :hihi::hihi:

Just had a voicemail left on the house phone.

It was an automated robotic voice and it just said

"This is HMRC. Something something (couldn't make it out) press 1 to speak to your (again couldn't make it out) think it said case officer.

This is getting bad again with these spammy calls, it's clear it's spam/scam calls.

Any idea how I can report this to HMRC?

Has anyone else had one of these voicemails?

I got that one it was HMRC is filing a lawsuit against you press 1, that’s as far as it got before I laughed and deleted.

I have had automated calls from British Gas "hello this is British Gas please press any button" needless to say I have never pressed any button even though my gas supplier is British Gas, so don't know if this a scam call.