Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday 12/01/18

Wilder was very arrogant in his interview with Radio Sheffield.

''Our players can't wait, I can't wait, and our fans can't wait, which is more than you can say for the other lot.

In other words, 'we'll give them a tonking'

Wrong Chris, Wednesday surprised you, your players, your fans, the Pundits, and Wednesday fans.

There, there, never mind.

All blades fans I have spoken to were expecting a win, don't think they expected Wednesday to put a shift in. But we did and they like their manager didn't like it, take it on the chin. We didn't park the bus, we got our game plan spot on. Wilder in the press leading up to the game thought he had already won before a ball was kicked. Sometimes he needs to act as a manager and not a fan with his silly schoolboy comments

64 - 36 % possession would suggest otherwise.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 10:23 ----------

United played well, anyone who says differently are looking for excuses.

They're a good team with good attitudes and ethics, that's why they're where they are.

They were every bit as good as they were at Hillsborough the big change being that we were nowhere near as poor this time.

The trouble for United was, Wednesday got off the bus and turned in a decent performance.

Shame we had a weakened side out, it would have been good to have at least drawn, or probably win on aggregate over both games.

It's all water under the bridge, the 'walk in the park' I feared, and Blades expected, was far from the mark, and great lessons were learned.

You think that was a decent performance? Watching that crap every week I'd take the season ticket refund and lifetime ban immediately.

Wilder was very arrogant in his interview with Radio Sheffield.

''Our players can't wait, I can't wait, and our fans can't wait, which is more than you can say for the other lot.

In other words, 'we'll give them a tonking'

Wrong Chris, Wednesday surprised you, your players, your fans, the Pundits, and Wednesday fans.

There, there, never mind.

Wrong,he never said that at all,he said 'i'm not sure about the opposition,which is a direct reference to the preparation time your new manager had before the game..........nothing about not being up for it,winning before a ball is kicked or 'give them a tonking...........why are you lying?

I suppose when you look back at this season it will show that lot at the lane came off the better but to us owls we can take heart from a much more solid performance to draw 0 .0 in the view over the last lot of results . We had a good few 1st teamers out and then to play 30 mins with 10 men last night was a good results and could have won it late on . Lets hope we can keep up the improvement

I'm happy with the point, had we been anything like we were against Burton the other week we would have got hammered last night. Our makeshift defence held out, Loovens should have been nowhere near the first team squad this season, what Carlos was thinking with the recruitment of centre halves I have no idea, needed sorting at the start of last season, he got Sasso back in on a year deal then let him go without a replacement for this season.

Anyway back to last night and Wednesday set up that way due to injuries and recent form, the new manager has had less than a week and they showed more grit in that 90 minutes than they have combined in previous games all season, so for that, and not losing to that lot I am grateful, the draw took a bit of Wilders smugness off too, he would have been on that pitch punching the air had they won, playing up to his mates.

Next season, perhaps, when the manager has had time to restructure and sort out our bloated, injury riddled squad, I would fully expect us to maybe get revenge for that game earlier this season.

United have done well this season and are punching above their weight a bit, and for that Wilder can take credit but I can't wait for us to play again next season as both clubs will still be in the championship.

Sam Hutchinson now confirmed as being not able rise from his deathbed for the derby, just the type of player you need in these games, a big miss.

Not missed. You had the disgraceful Wallace, Loovens and even the giant with his feet on the wrong legs to carry on his shameful antics.

And whilst I'm talking disgrace hope you're proud of your fans calling a 16 yo girl a slag on world TV.

Will give credit where it's due though to Pudil, Joao and Wildsmith who unlike most of your "team" played like proper footballers.

UTB

Why?were the United players so frightened about putting crosses into the box for there strikers,keeping hold of the ball does not win you the game,its the ball in the net,Under Carlos we played just keeping hold of the ball without shooting,Wildsmith just had to make one good save,when at last United put a cross in for there striker,Jos got the Owls players to stop thinking about just going forward and our midfield battled at last,Reach nearly scored and kept more in midfield instead of playing up front,Hope Jos can Strengthen out defence with Loovens out

You think that was a decent performance? Watching that crap every week I'd take the season ticket refund and lifetime ban immediately.

When compared to our first Derby showing, that performance was mind blowing, our best performance for weeks.

Why do you think we are where we are?

Do you think we've enjoyed our football this season?

We've been very poor.

We must have been, Sheffield United and Burton have beaten us. Burton twice!!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

[quote=chalga;11789737

..why are you lying?

Don't be embarrassed that Wilder thought he'd won it before a ball was kicked. Most people thought it, and a few stated it.

I was a tad mistaken, not lying.

Not missed. You had the disgraceful Wallace, Loovens and even the giant with his feet on the wrong legs to carry on his shameful antics.

And whilst I'm talking disgrace hope you're proud of your fans calling a 16 yo girl a slag on world TV.

Will give credit where it's due though to Pudil, Joao and Wildsmith who unlike most of your "team" played like proper footballers.

UTB

Stop being a drama queen, you support a club that has previously employed the likes of Vinnie Jones and Chris Morgan and once prided itself on being Wimbledon the second under Bassett, I watched the game on TV and heard nowt of the sort either, so get down off your high horse ;)

Like to hear Brian the Blades reaction to that result last night,he thought United would beat us easily,what will be is excuses for that result,he will definetly be saying they are missing Brooks

i think the point being made fella is, last nights performance although not sparkling, did a job, a job thats been sorely missing the past half a season.

I doubt he meant he actually wanted to watch that every week, but in the short time Jos has been in charge, its part of a change