Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday 12/01/18

Top sides don’t pick up 6 points out of 27, you’ve peaked.

No one was celebrating a 0-0, they we’re celebrating a hard working performance in game where we were expected and united fans expected us to easily lose, the players have been out of form, unfit and lacking confidence a defeat last night would have been a further set back but it didn’t happen. The bitterness from some today makes it all the more sweeter, we’ll both be in this division next season let’s see what transpires.

This seasons only half over,we're enjoying it,what's your rush to get to next season.

It was same when we were in the pub league,when we clinched promotion,it was lets see what happens next season,when we won the trophy,it was you're in for a shock next season.............it's almost like you want to wish time away for some reason..........nope,we enjoy the moment,the season,the games..............everything,next season can wait.

It's all about the Owls isn't it? Always was, always is, always will be.

Oh yes A top side that cant beat 10 men on your own back door :thumbsup:

No champagne m8 dark fruit or fosters for me mmm Bitter for you i take it :hihi:

We are the 6th best side in the league at the moment to be fair.

Got to be honest think the blades are stating to get in a rut ,when we played our first few games we played some quality football scoring for fun ,but now we seem to be losing the plot can’t understand all this tippy tapping we do in the box and finish losing the ball time after time why can’t anyone shoot and as for our corners the get worse especially those stupid short ones we do a total waist of time starting to get very frustrating to watch I know we are still 6th but we have to get better Fridays game in my opinion was shocking

Got to be honest think the blades are stating to get in a rut ,when we played our first few games we played some quality football scoring for fun ,but now we seem to be losing the plot can’t understand all this tippy tapping we do in the box and finish losing the ball time after time why can’t anyone shoot and as for our corners the get worse especially those stupid short ones we do a total waist of time starting to get very frustrating to watch I know we are still 6th but we have to get better Fridays game in my opinion was shocking

Wouldn't say shocking mate. It wasn't a classic either, I thought first half Utd had the possession but Wednesday never looked in trouble but Utd looked a bit more dangerous 2nd half but Owls could've nicked it as well, fair result I reckon and hopefully the trouble was restricted to a few scuffles.

Utd do seem to have stopped firing on all 4 for the recent games but I'm sure that'll turn again soon.

It's all about the Owls isn't it? Always was, always is, always will be.

theres another team?

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 21:40 ----------

it wasnt shocking, it was a derby, both teams played their lil white socks off and all but cancelled each other out, it was rough and it was tough

Remember 2011/12 one thing Wednesdayites never stopped saying was "Ched cost more than our entire team".

If money is such a big factor in success why did it take the richest club in L1 (by some margin) six seasons to get out of it?

Someone said united played the better football - they didn’t

Go to bed top, you’re drunk.

If money is such a big factor in success why did it take the richest club in L1 (by some margin) six seasons to get out of it?

You're the one who keeps talking about United not backing managers,so according to you,money is a big factor in success because of lack of backing for managers by McCabe,why ask a question you already answered yourself dozens of times over?

Chris Wilder's done a brilliant job for United, taking them from being a club that finished 11th in Division One, to being briefly top of the Championship with bargain basement players. Over the last few weeks however, he seems to have hit a brick wall due to the lack of quality, pace and imagination of the players. I feel that game marked the end of an era, with the new players, hopefully, heralding the start of a new one, moving us on to becoming a club that can seriously challenge for promotion.

I have a huge amount of gratitude and affection for the players who have got us to where we are now, but many, including old favourites like Sharp and Basham, now need to be replaced. Even Clarke, Duffy and Fleck can't expect to be automatic first choices if the new players turn out to be better.

Chris Wilder's done a brilliant job for United, taking them from being a club that finished 11th in Division One, to being briefly top of the Championship with bargain basement players. Over the last few weeks however, he seems to have hit a brick wall due to the lack of quality, pace and imagination of the players. I feel that game marked the end of an era, with the new players, hopefully, heralding the start of a new one, moving us on to becoming a club that can seriously challenge for promotion.

I have a huge amount of gratitude and affection for the players who have got us to where we are now, but many, including old favourites like Sharp and Basham, now need to be replaced. Even Clarke, Duffy and Fleck can't expect to be automatic first choices if the new players turn out to be better.

Well said,hopefully,the new signings will consolidate us in the Championship,and with another good summer window,we can maybe push for the play offs more convincingly next season..........the L1 squad have to be slowly but surely replaced and improved on.