Sheffield Vinyl record shops update 2018

It's not too bad - Jacks (Division Street), Forever Changes (Eccy Road), Polar Bear (Eccy Road), Hillsborough Records, Roadhouse (Crookes), Spin City (now Tamper), Vinyl Demand (beneath the Grovesnor) and Rare and Racy are the only ones I can remember closing in the last 20 years.

Whereas 6 of the 7 now are new in the last 5 or so years.

So there's been a fairly steady amount.

---------- Post added 06-01-2018 at 16:50 ----------

Actually apparently there's another new one on Abbeydale Road called 'Below', but I've never been there.

Hillsborough Records not been around for years.

Edited by lindylou53
Sorry - didn't read your post properly! These are the ones that have closed!

yup he mentioned some that had closed :hihi:

got my last shop bought cd there George Thorogood, Bad to the bone.

Funnily enough I was chatting to parents today, and had found an old CD, that I bought in 1994, but had left the receipt in the case.

Money for nothing (ironically given the rest of this post) - Dire Straits - Bought from Virgin - 1994 - £13.49

I was 20 then and at time on about £3 an hour.

I think that could be one reason, that internet was always going to win. It was very expensive even 20 years ago.

down stairs at the nicholas building 3 very good traders selling some fantastic records

down stairs at the nicholas building 3 very good traders selling some fantastic records

Whitey also has a fantastic selection upstairs.

Guest makapaka

Tonearm vinyl on south road

The one in Wombwell is Vinyl-Junction 42, Barnsley | Record, Cd & Tape Suppliers

1 Prospect Terrace, Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 0BF. it is off the beaten track right in the center of Wombwell next to the Doctors Surgery very nice couple Denise and Jon well worth a visit.

There's also the record fair at The Workstation too. Next one in March by the looks of it.

---------- Post added 06-02-2018 at 20:01 ----------

Vinyl Undergound in Barnsley has some decent stuff at reasonable prices (good selection on Discogs too). 3 Regent St, Barnsley S70 2EG.

Tall bird records in Chesterfield had some really interesting stuff when I was there a few months ago, decent prices too. Got a copy of the Utopia Lp for £20 which seemed pretty good to me.

Well if we're straying in Derbyshire, High Street Books & Records in New Mills is well worth a visit. The record shop part is in the basement and it's more like a record cave! Always find good stuff there and the bargain racks are always worth a browse.