Trying to find descendants of the Sykes family - Hillsborough

Hi all

Members of the Sykes family lived in my house from 1937 to 1970 and I would love to trace their descendants and get in touch with them. I am in Hillsborough and the family were William and Jane Sykes with children called Florence, William jnr, Beatrice, Jessie and Albert. If any of these names sound familiar please let me know!

Any help much appreciated.

Hi all

Members of the Sykes family lived in my house from 1937 to 1970 and I would love to trace their descendants and get in touch with them. I am in Hillsborough and the family were William and Jane Sykes with children called Florence, William jnr, Beatrice, Jessie and Albert. If any of these names sound familiar please let me know!

Any help much appreciated.

hello my nan maiden name was Beatrice Sykes, I'd have to check more details with my aunt, bete married my grandad then she became Taylor.joe Taylor if this helps

Thank you so much for replying! Do you think they could be the same person? I've gone back and looked at my notes.

William Sykes (Beatrice's Dad) moved to our house in Hillsborough in 1937. The earliest record I have of Beatrice is 1945 (I don't have complete records). She was Beatrice M Sykes. By 1951 she has left the family house. By 1961 it looks like Beatrice's brother (Albert Sykes) was the head of the house. Does this give you enough information to check on your side?

Fingers crossed it is the same person!!

Best wishes

Deborah

Hi  i know of a Albert Sykes that lived up Foxhill he had a wife called Doreen and 2 children Wayne and Sharon dont know if this helps you 

Hi Deborah - if you are still in the Forum I've sent you a Private Message, having found some relevant information.  Also, William & Jane's likely children were Jessie, born 1915, Florence, born 1916, Albert & William Jnr., twins born 1917, Beatrice May, born 15 November 1920 but evidently adopted, Nellie, born 1921, Clifford A., born 1924, Ernest, born 1928, John, born 1929 and Reginald J., born 1930.

Hi crazy55 - I found the Albert Sykes you mention in public records. Albert and Doreen were married in 1958 and they still live at Foxhill according to the electoral roll. So there won't be a connection with the Albert Sykes that Deborah is enquiring about who was born in 1917.

Ref post #6.

Hello Phil, Hoping you are well,

Its really great to see that you are still helping people on the Forum to find people they are looking for. They seem to end up in a sackgasse, then you come along with your brilliant information to solve their problems.

Please pass on my best wishes to your good lady, Marian.