Track day recomendations

Nothing up to date (I checked) so starting a new thread.

Has anyone got any track day recommendations? where you drive sports cars rather than take your own on the track. Loads on living social offering similar things.

Be good to have a few laps in a Lambo or a few cars on a decent track. My brother has taken his own car on a track day before so think a single lap would just be frustrating. He lives down near Gloucester so if you know of ones in that are that would be even better!!

My daughter did a session at Siefert, near Stafford... think that's how you spell it...

You want a track day or a sports car experience day?

ie do you wanna drive your own car or someone elses??

I had a few days off before xmas with little to do, so I looked up the options for tracking my car (and a few supercar experiences as well).

The closest tracks I could find were Donnington and somewhere out towards Hull, but they weren't open (ie running track day events) on the days I was off, so it all came to nothing.

Did have a friend take me out on a trial bike in some woods (legally, he pays to use the woods). That was fun, given that I've never ridden a motorbike before! Good job it's all low speed :-)

Nothing up to date (I checked) so starting a new thread.

Has anyone got any track day recommendations? where you drive sports cars rather than take your own on the track. Loads on living social offering similar things.

Be good to have a few laps in a Lambo or a few cars on a decent track. My brother has taken his own car on a track day before so think a single lap would just be frustrating. He lives down near Gloucester so if you know of ones in that are that would be even better!!

unfortunately most track day experiences or super car experiences are just that experiences! six laps at most with instructor who will only let you go so fast for obvious reasons.

most tracks do open track days where you can take your own car with all the risks that involves, far better to buy an old roadworthy sports car for a few hundred quid do it up suspension wise , brakes and tyres and try and get the most out of it. a friend of mine used to take an old golf gti to Donington and run rings round supercars making them look very silly but great fun:hihi:

My one track day so far was 4 hours at Bedford Autodrome sharing an Elise with it's owner. Amazing fun.

I was supposed to be tracking my Z4M at the same time, but hadn't arranged the insurance in time and didn't want to risk it without.

We've booked loads in the last few years. We always have it at prestswald hall track. If you have a look on track days or everyman they have some pretty good deals on. No matter how many times we've been we have always chosen to drive the same car.

They also give you a certificate, and a score out of 40 for fun.

Have a look on group on there should be deals on there too.

---------- Post added 05-01-2018 at 15:21 ----------

Btw pretswald hall in in Leicestershire. Took us about 1 hour to get there

Inspired a little by this thread

http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/

I just found this.

Open track days appear to be regular, first one is the 13th Jan, 1 week Sat.

FULL DAY - OPEN PIT LANE £139.00

They also specifically offer novice only and road car only days

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/products/novice-only-car-trackday/

Sat 17 Feb

Oulton Park

Novice Only Trackday

from £119.00

Hmm, just checked the location, it's a bit far, 2:30hrs drive to get there.

Cadwell park is the closest this website lists at nearly 2hrs away!

Donnington Park is actually closer, but no novice days.

https://www.trackdays.co.uk/track-days/donington-park/

I managed on an normal Lotus Elise club session though, when I'd never driven an Elise before...

Blyton park is about the same distance as Donnington, but slightly cheaper.

Sunday 25th Feb Blyton Park

Outer Circuit Open Pitlane 95 dB £89.00

Edited by Cyclone

Inspired a little by this thread

http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/

I just found this.

Open track days appear to be regular, first one is the 13th Jan, 1 week Sat.

FULL DAY - OPEN PIT LANE £139.00

They also specifically offer novice only and road car only days

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/products/novice-only-car-trackday/

Sat 17 Feb

Oulton Park

Novice Only Trackday

from £119.00

Hmm, just checked the location, it's a bit far, 2:30hrs drive to get there.

Cadwell park is the closest this website lists at nearly 2hrs away!

Donnington Park is actually closer, but no novice days.

https://www.trackdays.co.uk/track-days/donington-park/

I managed on an normal Lotus Elise club session though, when I'd never driven an Elise before...

Blyton park is about the same distance as Donnington, but slightly cheaper.

Sunday 25th Feb Blyton Park

Outer Circuit Open Pitlane 95 dB £89.00

you are missing out if you dont want to drive to OULTON Park or Cadwell Park 2 of the most testing and technical tracks in the uk, well worth 2 hrs to get there:thumbsup: Donington can get quite boring except for the early part of the circuit, Craner curves up to the top straight big kahunas time to take it fast:love:

you are missing out if you dont want to drive to OULTON Park or Cadwell Park 2 of the most testing and technical tracks in the uk, well worth 2 hrs to get there:thumbsup: Donington can get quite boring except for the early part of the circuit, Craner curves up to the top straight big kahunas time to take it fast:love:

Well worth 2 hrs... That's 4 hrs driving, to spend another 7 hrs driving.

It'll be an awfully long day.

I've been on a track once, so somewhere a bit more accessible would work better for me. Blyton Park appears to be the best option for something casual.

Well worth 2 hrs... That's 4 hrs driving, to spend another 7 hrs driving.

It'll be an awfully long day.

I've been on a track once, so somewhere a bit more accessible would work better for me. Blyton Park appears to be the best option for something casual.

fair enough although you dont do 7 hrs on the track as you would be exhausted and your tyres shredded. Mallory park is another option nr leicester although i dont know if they do open track days.