Films made in Sheffield

I love the film, Looks And Smiles. It's exactly how I remember the early 1980s.

Watched it last week for the first time in years, love it.

A lot of the actors in small roles also starred in The Gamekeeper, a Loach film set in Barnsley.

The Battle of Orgreave, Brief Encounters, Out of the Blue 1995, Doctor Who series 11 Episodes 1 & 4 On the Manor Parts 1 to 4

On 26/05/2006 at 20:11, Ally68 said:

When Saturday Comes. :thumbsup:

Worse film Ive ever seen. :gag:  Kes blinds it. :roll:

Apologies but I haven't read every page of this thread but I watched a film the other night called Kill List the main location I spotted was the Holiday Inn near the canal in town.

Dragging up an old thread but I work at Forgemasters and years ago, A (horror?) film was shot in our old office block, There seemed to be a lot of Goth type actors that went in and out!

Does anyone know what it was called?

Biggsy 😀

On 29/04/2013 at 22:59, top4718 said:

Watched it last week for the first time in years, love it.

A lot of the actors in small roles also starred in The Gamekeeper, a Loach film set in Barnsley.

what`s it about?

On 08/06/2006 at 17:16, roggert said:

in 1966 67 sophia loren made a part of one of her italian films in sheffield and extras were recruited from the mojo club .threads was the name of the nuclear film. also the opening scenes of sylvester stallone s film F.I.S.T has the old pub the swan down at the roundabout at the post officesorting officenear meadowhall.the pub was demolished several years ago.a tv drama about some kind of asteroid disaster/sci fi series was filmed here about 4 years ago it used middlewood hospital for a lot of scenes sorry but forgot the title .the new bridge inn at wadsley bridge was used for a one off play back in 1984 it starred michael elphick as a pigeon fancier

Was that the same Sophia Loren film where some scenes were shot in Cyclops Street, Grimesthorpe ?

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Was that the same Sophia Loren film where some scenes were shot in Cyclops Street, Grimesthorpe ?

I don't think it was Sophia Loren but Monica Vitti.

Log on to the BFI  ( British Film Institute )  website . Wings of  Mystery  filmed in Parkwood Springs and  ESC.  There are also some documentaries including New Towns for Old  and also Hook Line  and Sheffield.