Films made in Sheffield

Dial House Club

Graham, just brilliant thanks for bringing back some great memories.

anyone know the name of a film made a few years ago by the bloke who had cancer and made loads for weston park hospital?

It was set in sheffield, and featured park hill. Think it was about the railway? and starred none other than Craig Thomas playing himself as a massive wednesday fan!

The Navigators and as an aside wasn't Kill List filmed in Sheffield or did I just dream it?

The Navigators and as an aside wasn't Kill List filmed in Sheffield or did I just dream it?

Yes, Kill List was filmed in Sheffield and produced by a Sheffield company, Warp.

Yes, Kill List was filmed in Sheffield and produced by a Sheffield company, Warp.

Thought so,must get round to seeing it when I can pluck up the courage:o

Here's a short film recently made in Sheffield!

Can you spot all the locations?

Weed Run

I think Dead Mans Shoes is Bakewell if that counts, I enjoyed the film :)

It's Matlock. The flashback scenes were filmed at Riber Castle.

It's Matlock. The flashback scenes were filmed at Riber Castle.

correct locations

There was also that zombie film made in Sheffield in the early 00s. It was called Creep Killers I think.

Part of Princess Bride was filmed at Haddon Hall in Bakewell...I was an extra in the film and got paid £50 for 2 days shoot...plus all the food we could eat.

Most of the time was spent sunbathing in the glorious sunshine...halcyon days!!

Part of Princess Bride was filmed at Haddon Hall in Bakewell...I was an extra in the film and got paid £50 for 2 days shoot...plus all the food we could eat.

Most of the time was spent sunbathing in the glorious sunshine...halcyon days!!

that must have been a low budget film, I was paid £25 a day in the eighties on chariots of fire and the fourth protocol,

What about "Last Tango in Tinsley",where Marlon Brando took Roy Schneider for a canal trip under the viaduct,and later scaled the twin towers?

that must have been a low budget film, I was paid £25 a day in the eighties on chariots of fire and the fourth protocol,

It was also shot in the 80's...they used to pick us up in coaches outside the old Sheaf Baths around 5 in the morning and take us to Bakewell. Straight in for costume and make up and then into a bloomin big marquee for breakfast of bacon and boiled eggs...

The scene we shot was mainly the ancient booer (bless her she kept getting her words wrong) which was confounded by a number of clouds on the day, thus making the lighting a bit of a pain.

IMDB says the budget was $16m, however it grossed over $30m...bigger budget than Chariots, but not as big a profit.