Norfolk Park - what is it like to live near here

I am a first time buyer, ideally looking for meersbrook and woodseats but the houses are getting more expensive and out of my price range.

I am looking at a property on Ingram Road which is between City Road and Granville road. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on this area? What it is like to live there, if there is any trouble around the area and how people see the area changing. There are been a few ‘star’ articles talking about it becoming an ‘up and coming area’ but I would like the views of people who live nearby also.

Thank you!

Similar situation, moved to Seabrook Road from Meersbrook about 7 years ago. Nice area, not had much trouble (and none at all in the last few years), and is definitely changing character for the better.

Local shops, schools, pubs and amenities could be better but they'll get there. Overall, I'm happy living here and love being easy walking distance from the station and town.

A few years ago we looked at a house on Norfolk Park Avenue, not far from Ingram Road.

(A bit of a strange road to find, as the front of the houses on NPA overlook the park, and only have a narrow lane in front! They back on to Donnington Road...)

We lost out eventually - not gazumped, but our then house didn't sell fast enough.

Area seemed OK then...in fact, I'd still consider a property there now.

Good luck with your eventual choice.

Always seems like an odd area. Some of the grandest, most impressive houses in the city are in that area (take a wander down Norfolk Road and the surrounding roads) but there are also some very rundown properties and streets.

Thank you for your replies :) From walking around the area the roads around Ingram road seem nice - quiet and clean. I did notice the lack of shops and businesses though,

Is there any hint of new shops/cafes etc opening in the next few years?