Keep away from 'Third World' A & E.

'Keep away from 'Thiird World A & E.'

So says A & E Consultant, Dr. Richard Fawcett of Royal Stoke University Hospital. He goes on 'I personally apologise to the people of Stoke for the Third World conditions of the Department due to overcrowding. It breaks my heart to see so many frail and elderly patients on the corridor for hours and hours...'

A patient complains of spending 18 hours on a trolley waiting for a bed. Some are on floors.

What a disgusting state of affairs. Is it just about lack of funding when the NHS is still paying £16 for a pair of rubber gloves that can be bought anywhere for pennies?

What is happening to this country? Why are we still paying CEOs hundreds of thousands of pounds in salaries (because they were supposed to be the best in the world, remember...?) for presiding over this sort of chaos?

you hit the nail on the head, but I guess here we go, procurement was no better under labour, I agree it is a crime how the NHS is managed.

Part of the problem is people have to wait too long to see a GP. During the winter months local surgeries should open for longer and be more accommodating. Also too much wastage of money judging by the £16 for a pair of gloves figure. The answer is to make better use of current resources.

The blame lies squarely on the government. Vote Labour next time.

i think you will find its labour that started the whole overcrowding mess allowing unfettered immigration, who use A&E like a doctors call in centre:roll:

i think you will find its labour that started the whole overcrowding mess allowing unfettered immigration, who use A&E like a doctors call in centre:roll:

Have you been to a hospital lately? It's full of old people, fat people or old fat people. I didn't see a huge amount of foreigners at all.

Have you been to a hospital lately? It's full of old people, fat people or old fat people. I didn't see a huge amount of foreigners at all.

have a run up to northern general and sit in A&E old chap!

have a run up to northern general and sit in A&E old chap!

The only reason that migrant populations are even capable of putting pressure on our failing infrastructure is that it was failing before they got here. The “two-tier” “fair immigration” nonsense won’t fix the NHS, it won’t make wages higher in Stoke-on-Trent, and it won’t even win Labour the next election.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/11/immigrants-nhs-crisis-underfunding-social-care-hospitals

Which are you? An old person, a fat person or an old fat person. You must be one of them as the hospitals are full of them.

The only "unfettered immigration" was from EEA areas and they paid more in per head than they used compared to UK nationals!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/06/news/economy/immigration-uk-economy-brexit/index.html

A&E isn't overstretched because of immigrants.

I think you will find the real issue is an aging population :roll:

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 12:02 ----------

The only reason that migrant populations are even capable of putting pressure on our failing infrastructure is that it was failing before they got here.

Totally, immigration is just an excuse trotted out to cover for UK government failure.

The study has been conducted by the personal social services research unit at Kent university. Researchers modelled the demand for long term care, and its likely costs from 1995-2031, when the number of over-65s are projected to rise by 57 per cent, and over-85s by 79 per cent - necessitating a 61 per cent expansion of care provision.

Assuming modest annual increases in the real costs of services, overall care spending would need to go up 153 per cent by 2031 - 174 per cent in NHS expenditure, 124 per cent in social services and 173 per cent in private payments - compared to a forecast rise of 123 per cent in gross domestic product.

The researchers emphasise that these base projections are merely illustrative, and that the figures could fluctuate with certain variables.

If older people become more dependent - in other words, if longer life means living longer with disability - the costs could spiral. An annual increase of just 1 per cent in dependency rates would mean care provision needed to expand by not 61 per cent, but 121 per cent.

By the base projections alone, numbers of elderly people in residential or nursing care will rise from 407,000 to 666,000; numbers receiving domiciliary or home care services will go up from 517,000 to 804,000; and those receiving community nursing will increase from 444,000 to 717,000.

The study concludes that the main pressure will fall on NHS budgets. But it says it will be affordable if government funding is allowed to rise faster than GDP.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/1998/dec/31/nhsfinance.health

Report from 1998.

Edited by chalga

The only "unfettered immigration" was from EEA areas and they paid more in per head than they used compared to UK nationals!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/06/news/economy/immigration-uk-economy-brexit/index.html

A&E isn't overstretched because of immigrants.

I think you will find the real issue is an aging population :roll:

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 12:02 ----------

Totally, immigration is just an excuse trotted out to cover for UK government failure.

This is from 1999:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/1999/nov/12/futureofthenhs.health

NHS funding crisis as debts near £1bn

Fri 12 Nov ‘99 02.52 GMT First published on Fri 12 Nov ‘99 02.52 GMT

The National Health Service is running into a serious financial deficit which could jeopardise the government's flagship modernisation programme as managers struggle just to pay the bills.

As finance directors revealed that the NHS deficit for this year is already £200m and rapidly rising, doctors' leaders yesterday called for a major review of the funding the NHS needs if it is to deliver the latest advances in medical treatment for everybody in priority areas such as cancer and heart disease.

The British Medical Association believes it is time to bite the bullet and find out what the public wants the NHS to spend its limited money on and how they want it paid for - including the sensitive issue of charges.

Stephen Thornton, chief executive of the NHS Confederation, which represents health authorities and trusts, said yesterday that he expected the deficit to be more like £300-400m by the end of the year.

A National Audit Office report in May showed that an underlying deficit of £717m had been accumulated by the end of the last financial year. This would put the total amount of NHS liabilities at nearly £1bn.

Which are you? An old person, a fat person or an old fat person. You must be one of them as the hospitals are full of them.

None. When my dad was ill I was in hospitals a lot. I picked up a friends mum from hospital a couple of timed as she doesnt drive. One thing I have noticed is how the NHS is creaking more from say 2013 to now.