How to get the grit bin re filled?

I used to have a link to report when the grit bin is empty, but can’t seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction please

There's a special place in hell for the <removed> that use the last of the grit but the can't be bothered to tell the council its empty. :hihi:

Edited by Guest
masked swearing

There's a special place in hell for the <removed> that use the last of the grit but the can't be bothered to tell the council its empty. :hihi:

...and there is a spot in hell set aside for those that uses it for their own driveway.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

...and there is a spot in hell set aside for those that uses it for their own driveway.

Why is that?

There may be a place in heaven for those who spread the grit on the hilly roads near the bin, where it's intended to go. There are days when drivers compact the snow, get stuck, and sit there waiting for someone else to do something when a grit box just requires someone to get spreading.

Bags of salt for private drives are widely available. On our estate residents used the grit from the boxes on the road and several seemed to be throwing salt from their own bags on the road outside their houses.

Why is that?

It's meant for pavements?

Why is that?

Because it's meant to be used on the public highways and pavements. If you want to grit your drive then you go out and buy some (or get it delivered if you're so inclined).

Because it's meant to be used on the public highways and pavements. If you want to grit your drive then you go out and buy some (or get it delivered if you're so inclined).

Ooh, you’re not one of those guardians of the grit bins who threatened one of my neighbours the other week for taking grit out of the bin are you?

I’m quite happy to use the grit on my sloping drive and when I’m done use the rest of it on my neighbours path and the public footpath.