Crystal Bar - reopened after NYE stabbings

Guest makapaka
There are certain bars, styles, clubs, fried chicken shops, all night off licences and music that just spell trouble. The same ones that have been causing trouble for 20 years or so. Is this the vibrant and welcoming city centre the council should be encouraging? Or should they all be shut...indefinitely? Seems a no brainer to me.

You would just move the problem on - it’s not the pub / club that makes people stab each other.

Exactly, if you are caught with a knife on the street it should be a straight 5 year sentence.

Flannel. I carry knife (folding, non locking sub 3 inches) every day pretty much. If we met do you think I'd try and kill you? It's not the knives that are the problem per se it's the urge that some sections of society have where they feel the need to kill somebody over a spilt pint.

You would just move the problem on - it’s not the pub / club that makes people stab each other.

It seems to be. Niche etc cater for a certain class of punter who seem to like violence. When was the last time riot police were deployed outside the Kelham Island Tavern?

Guest makapaka
It seems to be. Niche etc cater for a certain class of punter who seem to like violence. When was the last time riot police were deployed outside the Kelham Island Tavern?

There’s no need because all the people who want to cause trouble on a night out are on the likes of carver street.

Flannel. I carry knife (folding, non locking sub 3 inches) every day pretty much. If we met do you think I'd try and kill you? It's not the knives that are the problem per se it's the urge that some sections of society have where they feel the need to kill somebody over a spilt pint.

Do you carry it in nightclubs/bars? Or is it for work/fishing/playing with wood?

Do you carry it in nightclubs/bars? Or is it for work/fishing/playing with wood?

Playing with wood is commonly known as Whittling :)

Especially in Sheffield, it was custom for men to carry a small pen knife. But on this occasion I don't think this explanation is applicable.

My work takes me to various nightspots and yes, I carry a multitool - with a knife.

But now you're putting caveats in. Can carry one for work as I'm less likely to kill you while I'm on the clock? I've normally got one on my keys. It gets used for all sorts of things, some days it doesn't get used at all. I carried one round Morrisons the other day. Do you think other shoppers were at risk?

There never was such a law.

I think you are wrong

C+P

Adults convicted of an offence involving a knife for a second time will face minimum sentences of at least six months, while those aged 16 to 18 will get at least four months detention or a training order

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11714755/Minimum-jail-sentences-for-knife-offenders.html

Bring back Roxy grab-a-granny night and a mankykebaby from Options!

Them were the days :thumbsup:

so i am right then

the original post said

mandatory sentance for carry a knife

your post is not for carry. its for a 2nd conviction of an offence. completely different

afraid not

C+P

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine. You’ll get a prison sentence if you’re convicted of carrying a knife more than once.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

I went to Crystal Bar shortly after it opened and thought that it was very beautiful inside. I went last year, and it was horrid, full of degenerates.

There have been a good few stabbings on Carver Street over the past few years; somebody lost their life due to getting knifed.

Perhaps rather than have pubs and clubs within such short distance from one another, the council shouldn't grant licences to anymore clubs within that vicinity.

The Chicken Stop on the corner seems to be a bit of a fulcrum from the morons.

I'd also noticed that about Carver Steer. Avoid at night, I'd say