Jerusalem the new capital of Israel, what difference will it make?

Most of the killed were actually Hamas supporters. Claimed by Hamas itself:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/hamas-claims-most-killed-at-gaza-border-were-supporters/

So no, it's not a murder, it's appropriate defense against terrorists.

Is shooting dead a person armed with a stone legitimate self defence in your view?

Is shooting dead a person armed with a stone legitimate self defence in your view?

Halibut, its not a person armed with a stone, is it.....Its hundreds of suicidal protesters armed with whatever they can lay there hands on, including petrol bombs.. having said that I abhor the situation, as much as you...

time the politicians got this horrible mess sorted, not going to happen is it.

With respect, that's an utterly foolish attitude to take; in today's interconnected world, everything is to do with us.

Israel is built on land stolen from Palestinians and Israel is regarded under international law as an occoupying force. The Palestinians have a lawful right to resist that occupation and I would like to see how those defending Israelis occoupation would react if they got turfed out of their home by people claiming God promised them that home.

When is Australia going to be given back to the Aboriginis and When is Amerca going to be given back to the Native Indians?

Peace will never come to Israel due to the way it abuses Palestinians.....

Much of this goes back to Nasser stating that he was going to exterminate the Jews living in Palestine. Muslims are very keen to stick together on the Palestine issue, I’m pleased that Christians did not take a similar stance when the Serbs were exterminating Bosnian Muslims. If it all comes down to religion, the Semites have a far older claim to Jerusalem than that of the other tribes. Common sense would suggest that Jerusalem be a shared city, but this will never happen while none Palestinian Muslims and Jews with no actual links to Israel carry on pontificating about matters that are not likely to affect them personally.

This appears to have landed in Trump’s lap, so we should all hope that he sees it as a massive opportunity to do something that no other leader has managed to do, it could sit well with his narcissistic persona.

Self evidently it's not self defence.

The link you posted is entirely irrelevant to the situation at the border.

No difference at all, both are using stones as weapons, and I would presume if the victims of stonings had guns they would shoot the perpetrators.

Seems to me Israel broke the rules again and quite probably committed a war crime.

Yet there are no such 'rules' and no such thing as 'international law', hence there's no such crime.

Self-defence is, however, a feature of most legal systems; and every country is entitled to defend itself against attack from those outside its borders. If the Gazans don't like being killed, there is one simple remedy: stop attacking.

Yet there are no such 'rules' and no such thing as 'international law', hence there's no such crime.

Self-defence is, however, a feature of most legal systems; and every country is entitled to defend itself against attack from those outside its borders. If the Gazans don't like being killed, there is one simple remedy: stop attacking.

So to clarify, are you publicly saying that you think shooting people dead is an acceptable response to stone-throwing?

Are you arguing that self-defence [people and national integrity] is not permitted?

If so, is that because you deny Israel's right to exist? You see, the stone-throwers do.

So to clarify, are you publicly saying that you think shooting people dead is an acceptable response to stone-throwing?

'Stone throwing' you make it sound like someone has accidentally thrown a pebble over the fence into a garden.

Throwing stones at Israeli soldiers is a bit like poking a rhino with a stick, a stupid thing to do.

One thing that can be relied on, 'don't mess with the Israelis' or you'll come out on the losing side in the Middle East.

Are you arguing that self-defence [people and national integrity] is not permitted?

If so, is that because you deny Israel's right to exist? You see, the stone-throwers do.

Dead right, if I had a pack of rock throwers running threatenly towards me and I was in possession of a loaded gun, I wouldn’t throw it at them.