Rover car ignition fob

My Rover 25 spare fob does not work : battery OK . Do you buy a new one and re programme ? Where from : how ?

Do what most people do. Google is your friend.

Take the car down to Harrolds, they will tell you what is wrong with the fob. http://www.hharrold.co.uk/

Oh just noticed you are in Chesterfield, look for a local one.

Edited by kidneystone

My Rover 25 spare fob does not work : battery OK . Do you buy a new one and re programme ? Where from : how ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-2-BUTTON-REMOTE-KEY-ALARM-FOB-for-ROVER-MG-ZR-ZS-MGF-TF-25-45-etc-3TXB-/263237940401?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

You need to know what you are buying. Sometimes they can clone your key, or they may need to plug their laptop into your cars CPU.

A company came out to my Renault, reprogrammed 2 new keys and it took them less than 10 minutes, cost = £100

Have a look at this site. ITSTILLRUNS.COM. They show you how to reset it. I haven’t used it so cannot guarantee it will work. Alan.

Are you 100% sure the battery is good and in the right way around ? with the key out of the ignition press the unlock button multiple times it should sync if it is working , on some models pressing both unlock and lock buttons does the same trick.If this fails take it to lock smith (harolds is best) and they will check that it is sending a signal .If its dead it will be cheaper to buy an ECU /alarm module/fob set from ebay .You need all three as they are coded together ,about £30-£40 easy job to change takes about 20 mins .

hope this helps.

Stand in front of the car and hold both buttons down till it flashes continious it worked on my rover 214 sli

Tried it and the one the manual says : must be faulty electronics. Will see what the local key makers say , today . Thanks to all for the other replies .