Postcode tour of Sheffield

Barnsley postcodes S70 to S75. When I worked for Royal Mail,who give out the postcodes, I had a hand in it. Hope this helps.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Parsons Cross. This isn't a comment on people that live there, but take it from me, there is nothing to "visit" there.

18 years and you never learned how to spell it?

Parson cross does not have much, but in the correct spot you can look over to Wentworth in once direct or Worrall in the other and have some great views.

In S7 have a stroll around the Kenwood area of Nether Edge, Victorian with a vengeance, and in particular check out the Lantern Theatre, a perfect little theatre in miniature.

We once spent a day travelling the entire tram network and it took us to lots of places we'd never seen before. Never particularly wanted go back to any of them but an interesting exercise in knowing your city.

We once spent a day travelling the entire tram network and it took us to lots of places we'd never seen before. Never particularly wanted go back to any of them but an interesting exercise in knowing your city.

your honesty is admirable and is matched only by your magnanimous diplomacy :hihi:

S7 - Nether Edge farmers market (four times a year), the Abbeydale picture house, antiques quarter, Chelsea park, Millhouses Park, kenwood estate.

S2 Manor Lodge, wonderful historic site. rhubarb shed cafe which serves excellent food.The Cholera Monument with an excellent view of the city.

Does anyone know why there's no S15, S16, S18, S19 etc. But there is an S17?

Just curious...

Maybe these are areas they are already familiar with, they have been in the city over 20 years.

I think visiting different parts of the city is a great idea! There are bits I've never been to. I'm going to get on a few buses I've never been on and see where they take me. Free day out for pensioners!

You can put postcodes or area names in to Trip Advisor to find places to visit. It will also come up with other suggestions not far away from your chosen postcode.

The website go4awalk.com may be of help too:

http://www.go4awalk.com/

Edited by Chez2

Hmmm misssed out S18....

Probably because S18 is in Derbyshire and this is a Sheffield forum.

Probably because S18 is in Derbyshire and this is a Sheffield forum.

Neither is s21 or s26 but they made the list.