Spending money for florida

Hi

Can anyone please advice.

My friend is going away to Florida with 3 children for 2 weeks.

How much spending money is needed? Including money for food etc. The park tickets have already been paid for.

Thanks

Before you go:

ESTA $14 per person before you go.

Travel and medical insurance £50 for the family.

There:

Are transfers included?

Which if any meals included with accomodation?

Transport/car hire/parking.

Meals x4 x14 days at $20

Cold drinks $280

Snacks and ice cream

Fans, hats, sprays, toys, tee-shirts, souvenirs.

Sun tan/burn lotions.

Extra days or other attractions.

Alcohol, cigarettes (max out on duty free)

Local taxes and tips.

If the children are young then a minimum $2000 and credit card backup for emergency use only.

Teenagers add another $1000.

If shopping go to the large malls as the quality of many tourist outlets is very attractive but expensive and poor quality.

Information and links at MSE

Myfriend is aware of the ESTA and the insurance etc.

Just wants to know how much spending money for 6 for 2 weeks for food and for activities etc but park tickets are already brought

Just wants to know how much spending money for 6 for 2 weeks for food and for activities etc but park tickets are already brought

So thats 3 adults and 3 children. How old are the children.

$250 a day which would be a modest budget is $3500 for the 2 weeks. I'd stick at least another 1000 - 1500 $ on top of that.

$5000 should cover it plus at least 1 credit card that isn't maxed out to cover any real emergencies.

£250 day? £50 each? what on earth would they need that much for.

250 US dollars between 6 people works out around £30 each. Not a great deal really.

250 US dollars between 6 people works out around £30 each. Not a great deal really.

they wont get far on £30 each a day breakfast , drinks in the morning and lunch will see that off apart from incidentals.

i have been to florida 6 times with my kids 10-12 years ago we spent easily$3-4000 a week then.

So there is 3 adults and 3 kids ? As in first post put your friend and 3 kids but in another post you put for 6 for 2 weeks

Been to usa once (las vegas) been all over Europe with the wife. allways go self catering, drinks, meals, and used to smoke. £1000. between the two of us was more than enough for two weeks. and yes I am a tight wad.

£7500 at least

7500 in pounds is a bit over the top, especially if all the attractions tickets are already pre-paid. That amount in dollars should be easily enough, including souvenirs for back home.

The irony here is that this thread mentions $7500 spending money for a holiday parked (on my ipad) next to a thread talking of 68,000 homeless !

7500 in pounds is a bit over the top, especially if all the attractions tickets are already pre-paid. That amount in dollars should be easily enough, including souvenirs for back home.

not that much difference $ to £ over 2 weeks maybe 700 quid