Blue British Passports

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-negotiator-guy-verhofstadt-mocks-brexiteers-with-offer-of-blue-passports-11184118

European 'humour' I suppose?

As a Belgium politician I would have thought he would be more concerned that he is a citizen of a country that passes itself off as being benign & unthreatening but in reality it's a divided country, Greater Brussels, Flanders & Wallonia, not to mention that Belgium is now recognised as being Europe's hotbed for terrorism with the highest per-capita rate of foreign fighters of any Western European country.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-negotiator-guy-verhofstadt-mocks-brexiteers-with-offer-of-blue-passports-11184118

As a Belgium politician I would have thought he would be more concerned that he is a citizen of a country that passes itself off as being benign & unthreatening but in reality it's a divided country, Greater Brussels, Flanders & Wallonia, not to mention that Belgium is now recognised as being Europe's hotbed for terrorism with the highest per-capita rate of foreign fighters of any Western European country.

Not gone down well with Brexiteers then has it?...........well done to Guy for showing up some more of false claims of Brexit,and the scapegoating of the EU for the failings of UK government.

shows up the idiot brexiters for what they are, idiots, getting excited about something that wasnt even the fault of the EU :roll:

shows up the idiot brexiters for what they are, idiots, getting excited about something that wasnt even the fault of the EU :roll:

It was the European Community and later the European Union writing on the passport, which many people were not happy about rather than the colour. The old Blue passport didn't contain those words which is why some people mention the colour Blue. The Belgium politician hasn't even chosen the correct shade of Blue for his so called humour. People shouldn't be labelled as idiots for having pride in their country and being patriotic.

Edited by Lockdoctor

It was the European Community and later the European Union writing on the passport, which many people were not happy about rather than the colour. The old Blue passport didn't contain those words which is why some people mention the colour Blue. The Belgium politician hasn't even chosen the correct shade of Blue for his so called humour. People shouldn't be labelled as idiots for having pride in their country and being patriotic.

FALSE pride, removing the writing is obvious, when were out of the EU then the EU bits come off it.

Its the False sense of national pride that makes me laugh, especially about the colour, there IS people out there making a big deal about the change of colour as its some major hit on the EU.......it isnt.

He’s absolutely right though.

The blue passport thing was a ridiculous populist stunt.

If the majority of people in this country are idiots it makes me wonder how far behind, your minority is.

I don’t need a little blue book to have pride in my country.

As stated above, we can hardly keep the 'European Union' reference when we're no longer pqrt of the EU can we? So it makes perfect sense to go back to what was a recognisable coloured British passport, that served us all well.

Personally I've now got two of each & my current burgundy one doesn't expire until 2024, so where that will leave the likes of me who won't be buying a new one until 2024 I don't know but despite hints of 'Freedom of movement' being mentioned post Brexit, I expect I'll be required to queue at any European passport control, just as I've had to queue when entering the US, Canada & Cuba. My shiny, burgundy EU passport didn't grant me any preferential favours in those countries. However I'd expect UK citizens to be granted easy access at the UK border, effortlessly sweeping past the queing EU citizens.

Failing that, I might apply for a Rep. of Ireland passport as my mum was born on Donegal.

We'll all need new passports within a decade anyway, as Scotland will have broken away, so the United Kingdom bit on the front of the passport will be no longer applicable.

If the majority of people in this country are idiots it makes me wonder how far behind, your minority is.

melthebell doesn't get it, that the announcement that the passports are changing back to the old blue colour, means the UK are leaving the EU and that is why Leave voters are happy.

Burgundy = EU membership

Blue = No longer EU membership

Am I missing something here ?

All passports are valid till they go out of date no matter what colour so when that is you'll end up buying a new one anyway ,so really it's just a redesign and not cost the multi millions as we'll all be getting one at some point or other to cover that cost it's just an upfront cost that we as holders will be paying back

melthebell doesn't get it, that the announcement that the passports are changing back to the old blue colour, means the UK are leaving the EU and that is why Leave voters are happy.

Burgundy = EU membership

Blue = No longer EU membership

Blue could have been had any time during EU membership,so any change now is a publicity stunt.