Psalter lane art college - the end

ooooh the forums resident trainspotter! :hihi:

Just stating the facts in response to incorrect information.

HA HA HA HA HA! brilliant :) (im not being sarcastic tee-oh-twenty thats made me laugh!) - i think students are a little more sophisticated than in the days of the young ones luv. ah...those were the days :)

I was a student myself until a couple of years ago - I know exactly how "sophisticated" they are and how much vomit they spew, thank you vert much.

i think the students of psalter lane art college may disagree with you, and they are the ones whose opinions count for the most.

Performed a representative survey have you?

why is this a concern of yours, tee-oh-twenty? there isnt more travelling for art college students if they live in ecclesall or nether edge anyway.

Because even students at Psalter Lane Campus have to travel to the other sites occasionally (I know people who attend) - less travel means less traffic, which is better for everyone. It also gives students longer in bed... I mean, to do their work, rather than travel.

what, like the town centre?

come come mr tee-twenty-oh, youre rather over egging the pudding now, luv ;)

Yes, like the town centre (plenty of new apartments going up all the time), and also the Collegiate Crescent campus. Consolidation on to 2 sites rather than 3 is a big improvement and helps to keep the student zones more concentrated.

Surely it makes more sense for students to be living in or around the city centre, where they can stagger to university, clubs, pubs, etc, without disturbing the permanent residents in our suburbs? It's better for all concerned.

Surely it makes more sense for students to be living in or around the city centre, where they can stagger to university, clubs, pubs, etc, without disturbing the permanent residents in our suburbs? It's better for all concerned.

Surely it must have occurred to you that many of the students are already, or will soon become, permanent residents of our suburbs?? Without the students who, every year, add to and increase the population of Sheffield, there would be a drop in the economy (yes, even reaching as far as the Ecclesall snobs!!) and the average age of a Sheffield resident would rise, before eventually dying altogether leaving a ghost town.

Slight exaggeration but you don't half p*** me off slagging students all the time! Surely you must have been one yourself at some point in order to have climbed the ladder enough to reach Ecclesall (but not yet Whirlow...) ;)

If the campus on Psalter Lane is closing then it's good news in my opinion. It's an eye sore and brings students dangerously close to Ecclesall. It's much better if Sheffield Hallam consolidates its campuses.

Tch. You ought to be getting over there and snapping up all the fine art on your doorstep if you are a 'classy' Ecclesall resident. You might miss a good investment and it will brighten up the mansion. ;)

I see what the students mean about having the freedom to do what they like in a non corporate atmosphere, make a mess and so on. That's what being an art student is all about, learning your craft and exploring the boundaries, and breaking them. But there is a bonus for art students being in town - they will be close to the CIQ, the Persistence Works, etc. And the Pond St campus could do with some more creative types too. It's one really dull and boring campus, more like an office park than a student centre. Where are the secnd hand shops? The poster stalls?

GOYA FOR PRESIDENT RA RA RA!!!!!

Oh ye white rose !! - is that for the presidency of that bloated and cack-filled establishent called the Royal Academy- or just a cheer for a genius.

I'll have a look at the blog when I've got the kids to bed.

I might dream of the 'Disasters of War' if I'm lucky tonight

as i said to **** a snob and picks on somebodys english u seem to have upset people because of your beloved ecclesall i lived up there for 24 years and i have opinion as well so go away and come back when you have a better attitude jerk

yes i notiched when i lived up there students made the area vibrant and when there not there the area is not as lively

Surely it must have occurred to you that many of the students are already, or will soon become, permanent residents of our suburbs?? Without the students who, every year, add to and increase the population of Sheffield, there would be a drop in the economy (yes, even reaching as far as the Ecclesall snobs!!) and the average age of a Sheffield resident would rise, before eventually dying altogether leaving a ghost town.

Slight exaggeration but you don't half p*** me off slagging students all the time! Surely you must have been one yourself at some point in order to have climbed the ladder enough to reach Ecclesall (but not yet Whirlow...) ;)

But I never said students didn't add to the economy did I? You've completely overlooked my point in order to have a dig at me. I said it would be better for the students and permanent residents if the students were concentrated in and around the town centre rather than spreading out into the suburbs. This is still in Sheffield! They'd still be living in Sheffield, they'd still be lowering the average age of Sheffield, they'd still be adding to the economy in Sheffield, and they'd still be free to move anywhere they like after graduating, Sheffield or elsewhere. This seems to be what the council is trying to achieve anyway, with the student village.

See, not really *that* controversial at all is it? You saw the "t020" by the post and you saw red rather than reading about, and thinking about, what I'd actually posted.

as i said to **** a snob and picks on somebodys english u seem to have upset people because of your beloved ecclesall i lived up there for 24 years and i have opinion as well so go away and come back when you have a better attitude jerk

Erm, nope, still no good. Try again and I may be able to understand you. At the moment you're the internet equivalent of a rowdy and abusive drunk.

Erm, nope, still no good. Try again and I may be able to understand you. At the moment you're the internet equivalent of a rowdy and abusive drunk.

Does being a patronising, sarcastic tw*t come naturally to you, or did you have to work at it?

Not everyone has perfect punctuation. The intent of the post is quite clear to all.

to20 u patronsing prick im tee total joker

But I never said students didn't add to the economy did I? You've completely overlooked my point in order to have a dig at me. I said it would be better for the students and permanent residents if the students were concentrated in and around the town centre rather than spreading out into the suburbs. This is still in Sheffield! They'd still be living in Sheffield, they'd still be lowering the average age of Sheffield, they'd still be adding to the economy in Sheffield, and they'd still be free to move anywhere they like after graduating, Sheffield or elsewhere. This seems to be what the council is trying to achieve anyway, with the student village.

See, not really *that* controversial at all is it? You saw the "t020" by the post and you saw red rather than reading about, and thinking about, what I'd actually posted.

still in sheffield but one key point to20 not in your back yard so u dont agree thats the area is vibrant when students are around yes im having a dig at you because obnoxoius and a typical snob

no to20 i have spoke to u in chat and youre completley obnoxius so dont try and change the argument yes what u have to rememeber is psalter lane campus people very rarley come in to the main campus this is a fact as i have worked up there and spoke to people and some are actually not overalled by the idea of been moved to the city centre you said it you live further up snob

Come back to me when you've developed a better grasp of the English language - I may be able to understand you better.

thank you vert much.

the words, "hoist with his own petard" spring chortlingly to mind.