What is the matter with my IPad ?

Ive had my IPad for just over a year now, and its the best thing I ever bought. However, this morning, I went on it, then came off it. The next time I went on it, the screen remained black, and it wouldnt come on. I tried charging it up but that made no difference.

Luckily I have a laptop but the IPad is so easy to use Im lost without it.

What do you think can be the matter with it. ? Does an IPad have a battery like a phone ? Im not computer minded so Ive no idea.

Can anyone help ? :huh:

Press and hold HOME and power/lock for 10 secs or so, see if it restarts

Press and hold HOME and power/lock for 10 secs or so, see if it restarts

I tried this but nothing happened.:huh:

I’m not computer minded but find if I ignore updates when prompted to install mine just goes blank after a while, but have always got it to work just by switching it on and off. So I now install updates as soon as they appear.

I thought it was something to do with the battery but was told by Apple that the battery lasts a very long time.

Hope you have got it sorted so you can do your emailing over the festive period and if not I’m sure there is some computer experts on here who can offer you advice if not already have.

I’m not computer minded but find if I ignore updates when prompted to install mine just goes blank after a while, but have always got it to work just by switching it on and off. So I now install updates as soon as they appear.

I thought it was something to do with the battery but was told by Apple that the battery lasts a very long time.

Hope you have got it sorted so you can do your emailing over the festive period and if not I’m sure there is some computer experts on here who can offer you advice if not already have.

Im afraid I did just that. Ignored updates when prompted to install mine. Its learnt me a lesson, but Ipad not started yet from black blank screen.:roll:

Im afraid I did just that. Ignored updates when prompted to install mine. Its learnt me a lesson, but Ipad not started yet from black blank screen.:roll:

Yes I did it with my Laptop, which I am unable to use because I can’t turn it on.

So I just use my ipad now. It’s a hard expensive lesson to learn if you have to keep taking it to PC World to have it repaired and viruses removed like me. I just use my ipad now.

Hope you get it working, it can be frustrating though when you keep trying to get it to start up and it won’t. Good luck.

Have you got your ipad working if not when you have said you tried charging it if the battery is completely run down it can take a while for ipad to come back to life leave it charging for a while then see and can you check charger is working on another device and make sure cable is pushed in the charger

Have u got it started yet?

As a rule a battery should never really die on a iPad, I've found the main problem with them is, the charging port, there very delicate and can easily break, when cable is pushed in too hard.

1. Check your charging cable will charge up another device, Ie, a mobile

2.Turn off iPad and try to see if another charging cable will, bring up battery charging icon.

3, blow into charging port hole, (dust)

Most independent pc shops, will double check your battery status and cable connection, free of charge.

Let us know how you get on.

---------- Post added 27-12-2017 at 21:21 ----------

Also, sometimes, it can be the actual cable/plug, you use for your cable