Works Christmas bonuses

Do many people still get a Christmas bonus/gift from work?

We've been given a £150 hamper

I got the sack!

I work for Royal Mail :blush:

I got the sack!

I work for Royal Mail :blush:

i got the actual sack..............mid november :(

Tbf it was only temporary going back but still......................

we originally got made redundent in feb, and last december we got a £50 bonus tesco card, no talk of redundencies, till the first week we went in after the christmas break and got told 19 people were going to be made redundent in feb.

My husband's employers are the bees knees when it comes to thanking their staff at Christmas. They take all the staff out for an all expenses paid meal and drinks, give them small gifts (stolen, beer etc) along with their Christmas pay slips, and pay a substantial bonus. Plus they get a week's paid holiday between Christmas and new year.

By comparison, my firm give us a box of biscuits and take a day's holiday from your allowance for Christmas day!

My husband's employers are the bees knees when it comes to thanking their staff at Christmas. They take all the staff out for an all expenses paid meal and drinks, give them small gifts (stolen, beer etc) along with their Christmas pay slips, and pay a substantial bonus. Plus they get a week's paid holiday between Christmas and new year.

By comparison, my firm give us a box of biscuits and take a day's holiday from your allowance for Christmas day!

I wondered why the firm was giving stolen beer.

Then saw the comma and realised it was: stollen, beer

I wondered why the firm was giving stolen beer.

Then saw the comma and realised it was: stollen, beer

Haha! Bloody auto-correct! Yep, should be the confectionary goods stollen rather than stolen goods! :hihi:

i got the actual sack..............mid november :(

Tbf it was only temporary going back but still......................

we originally got made redundent in feb, and last december we got a £50 bonus tesco card, no talk of redundencies, till the first week we went in after the christmas break and got told 19 people were going to be made redundent in feb.

Bummer. Hope you manage to find something soon :thumbsup:

My wife's Christmas bonus was being told that her (and other employees) salary wouldn't be paid before the holiday, but on the 28th....

I assume both are private sector employers, in the cushy public sector I get no bonus, no biscuits, and have to work xmas day and boxing day for no extra pay. Living the dream.

My wife's Christmas bonus was being told that her (and other employees) salary wouldn't be paid before the holiday, but on the 28th....

She should re-read her contract of employment.

I assume both are private sector employers, in the cushy public sector I get no bonus, no biscuits, and have to work xmas day and boxing day for no extra pay. Living the dream.

Correct. My husband's company is a small but successful, lovely, family run business. You could definitely say that he has it good.

My place of work is owned by a massive mega rich and ruthless tycoon, who features in the UK rich list and owns more businesses than you could shake a stick at. He didn't get where is is today by being lavish with his staff, that's for sure! Cushy it is definitely not!

When's the normal pay run?

Having it a week early just means you've got to eke out the cash for longer in January, so there's no great benefit.