Sheffield SE Neighbourhood Policing mocking parents of grooming abuse

Just thought I would put this out there as I think all us Sheffielders should be aware of what our taxes are going to fund. Someone put up a post on Twitter making reference to police arresting the parents of abuse victims if they tried to protect them from grooming gangs. SE Sheffield NP responded by putting up a facetious 'Ok. Will do. Thanks.' reply. Considering they did exactly that for years isn't it pretty shocking we are paying someone to post mocking it?

Link below. Contains bad language so don't look if easily offended.

https://archive.is/0x2aH

Just thought I would put this out there as I think all us Sheffielders should be aware of what our taxes are going to fund. Someone put up a post on Twitter making reference to police arresting the parents of abuse victims if they tried to protect them from grooming gangs. SE Sheffield NP responded by putting up a facetious 'Ok. Will do. Thanks.' reply. Considering they did exactly that for years isn't it pretty shocking we are paying someone to post mocking it?

Link below. Contains bad language so don't look if easily offended.

https://archive.is/0x2aH

You seem surprised. This is SYP we are talking about. I am pretty sure that if parents had quite rightly taken the law into their own hands and castrated these perverts SYP would have been all over them. That would have been way more Politically Correct. Instead they ignored the plight of these poor girls for fear of being called racist.

The response to the first tweet is very odd, as if the police didn't read it correctly.

But for reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FrontPage_Magazine

"FrontPage Magazine (also known as FrontPageMag.com) is an online right-wing political website, edited by David Horowitz and published by the David Horowitz Freedom Center."

The original article should be taken as highly biased and with an agenda to push.

I'd wager a mistake was made, by whoever tweets on behalf of the police not reading something properly, or the thing has been doctored by someone with an agenda. The internet is full of things like this.

Either way- there seems to be no story.

I'd wager a mistake was made, by whoever tweets on behalf of the police not reading something properly, or the thing has been doctored by someone with an agenda. The internet is full of things like this.

Either way- there seems to be no story.

I hope you are right and its been faked. If it is genuine though then it most certainly is not a none story.

It's beyond ludicrous to think the police would issue a public statement saying they intend to arrest those trying to stop grooming gangs! Come on!

This comes from a right wing group with an agenda- and if you look, the police reply is actually in response to a tweet from someone else. Which has conveniently not been included.

As fake as that thing on Donald Trumps head.

They might be right wing but the people they are mocking are not. The tweet is also obviously structured to be facetious.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 14:31 ----------

It's not in reply to @stophate. They just cc'd them in because apparently pointing out SYP facilitated abuse for years is 'hate'

They might be right wing but the people they are mocking are not. The tweet is also obviously structured to be facetious.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 14:31 ----------

It's not in reply to @stophate. They just cc'd them in because apparently pointing out SYP facilitated abuse for years is 'hate'

Meaning?

I have no idea what this thread is meant to achieve or highlight.

Checked stop hates page and there is nothing the

reply relates to.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 14:38 ----------

Meaning?

I have no idea what this thread is meant to achieve or highlight.

If they'd made a tweet like that about victims of, say, race hate crimes, would you be quite so chill?

Just as matter of concern - why shouldn't the police arrest people guilty of a crime?

Does being a victim or related to a victim get you a "Don't go to jail " card.

Checked stop hates page and there is nothing the

reply relates to.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 14:38 ----------

If they'd made a tweet like that about victims of, say, race hate crimes, would you be quite so chill?

I don't really know what 'chill' means of course, as I don't speak teen slang, so will attribute it to being 'relaxed', but to me this is all a load of clearly doctored nonsense thrown online by some dubious groups with agendas. If by any miracle it was genuine, it would at worst be a misreading by the Police tweet-lackey.

I think nothing of it, in the same way that I think nothing of any load of old ********, which the internet is filled with.

A cynic would suggest this is a thread just designed to stir up a bit of tension, a spot of racist stereotyping and a bit of contention. Not that I would dare say such a thing of course.

Edited by paula4sheff

The response to the first tweet is very odd, as if the police didn't read it correctly.

Looks like that to me, maybe just going through all the tweets at them without really reading saying and making similar vague replies?