Zuckerberg for President

No, It's not possible. Almost every device has a computer in it these days. The only way to avoid it is to live in a cave like a hermit.

Do you have an FB account?

Zuckerberg is an extremely wealthy aggressive tax avoider who believes that only the 'little people' should pay tax. He's an opponent of any form of welfare state and believes that private profit making companies should replace the public sector.

A dangerous man who wishes to remodel the world in his own image.

Zuckerberg is an extremely wealthy aggressive tax avoider who believes that only the 'little people' should pay tax. He's an opponent of any form of welfare state and believes that private profit making companies should replace the public sector.

A dangerous man who wishes to remodel the world in his own image.

Sounds just like the present incumbent of the White House.

Sounds just like the present incumbent of the White House.

Trump is only concerned with the US.

Zuckerberg's ambitions are global.

Trump is only concerned with the US.

His recent antics around Jerusalem and the UN would suggest otherwise.

OK - makes more sense now, but that's a reason I have put only the bare minimum of info in my FB account, which I only have to watch what a very limited number of people are up to.

IMO, if you have an account, you should be EXTREMELY careful of what and how you post.

Great advice. Im the same, I also closely monitor and control what information my daughter puts on Facebook.

Do you have an FB account?

I do, but it's not in my own name, and I never put anything on it. I use it purely to see what others put on it. And I don't kid myself that this means my information is safe - far from it.

Great advice. Im the same, I also closely monitor and control what information my daughter puts on Facebook.

Be social media free and don't have debt and Zuckerberg can take a running jump. I have a computer( obviously) but no smartphone . I have nothing to fear, I have no clue who anybody on this forum really are , other than what they volunteer, like wise,they know nothing of me unless I want them to know. So anybody who gets compromised for telling all and sundry about themselves on facebook, deserve all they get.

Be social media free and don't have debt and Zuckerberg can take a running jump. I have a computer( obviously) but no smartphone . I have nothing to fear, I have no clue who anybody on this forum really are , other than what they volunteer, like wise,they know nothing of me unless I want them to know. So anybody who gets compromised for telling all and sundry about themselves on facebook, deserve all they get.

Your confidence is misplaced. Start with this article.

Your confidence is misplaced. Start with this article.

Totally agree.

What surprises me is how OP and some others still don't realise this.

If you have a computer for instance you are leaving a trail of information behind you. What sites you use etc. And if you have a bank account every bit of information will be logged somewhere.

It's not about 'volunteering information,' if you live in the modern world you can't help it.. And even if you don't use a use a computer, the services you use probably do. If you get any junk mail, then you can be sure you are on any number of computerised mailing lists. Where do you suppose they got their information from? And what do you suppose they do with it?

Edited by Anna B

Totally agree.

What surprises me is how OP and some others still don't realise this.

If you have a computer for instance you are leaving a trail of information behind you. What sites you use etc. And if you have a bank account every bit of information will be logged somewhere.

It's not about 'volunteering information,' if you live in the modern world you can't help it.. And even if you don't use a use a computer, the services you use probably do. If you get any junk mail, then you can be sure you are on any number of computerised mailing lists. Where do you suppose they got their information from?

All banks, governments, medical practioners etc. etc. have strict privacy rules and cannot divulge personal infomation about anyone. I have no FB or Twitter and no one I know mentions me on their social media accounts, this includes family members and I have plenty of those on both sides of the Atlantic. As I explained on the Equifax thread, the biggest credit reporting agency in the world has me and my wife listed at an addess we moved from several years ago. My place of employment is listed as my second last job and I have been retired for nearly 4 years.This is not to deceive, it's just that I have not used credit for a long time, and I see no need to report my changes in status fo such an organisation, as it is none of their damn business.

I still maintain that one can retain one's privacy should the desire to do so be strong enough. As for mailing lists, who cares? My delete button works fine and the bin is not far away, for paper mail, and no I don't shred LOL.

All banks, governments, medical practioners etc. etc. have strict privacy rules and cannot divulge personal infomation about anyone. I have no FB or Twitter and no one I know mentions me on their social media accounts, this includes family members and I have plenty of those on both sides of the Atlantic. As I explained on the Equifax thread, the biggest credit reporting agency in the world has me and my wife listed at an addess we moved from several years ago. My place of employment is listed as my second last job and I have been retired for nearly 4 years.This is not to deceive, it's just that I have not used credit for a long time, and I see no need to report my changes in status fo such an organisation, as it is none of their damn business.

I still maintain that one can retain one's privacy should the desire to do so be strong enough. As for mailing lists, who cares? My delete button works fine and the bin is not far away, for paper mail, and no I don't shred LOL.

Information is a commodity which is for sale. Do you have a car? The DVLA was recently reported for selling it's information on, so I doubt your address is a secret. If you are recently retired do you get junk male about cruise holidays, funeral plans, insurance etc. investments etc? That means they probably know your age, date of birth, retirement status and quite a few other things. Just with those facts they can find out a whole lot more.

I don't say this to worry you, but you need to be aware. Scammers, identity thefts etc can target almost anybody these days, and I strongly suspect that could include you.