Zuckerberg for President

Bit cryptic. Could you expand?

I thought that it was crystal clear but tell me which part didn't you understand and I will try to help.

Sorry -I must have my 'thick' head on today, because I can't make sense of any of it.:huh:

:) OK. I'll try it another way.

Imagine you are Hillary Clinton, and Mark Zuckerberg is Donald Trump. How do you feel about Donny having access to all your personal Facebook data and your supporter's personal data, and billions of dollars available to manipulate what they see and how they see it?

We don't know anything much about Mark Zuckerberg except that his company has the personal lives of billions of people on its servers. That makes him a deeply unfit person to be POTUS in my eyes.

OK - makes more sense now, but that's a reason I have put only the bare minimum of info in my FB account, which I only have to watch what a very limited number of people are up to.

IMO, if you have an account, you should be EXTREMELY careful of what and how you post.

Imagine you are Hillary Clinton, and Mark Zuckerberg is Donald Trump. How do you feel about Donny having access to all your personal Facebook data and your supporter's personal data, and billions of dollars available to manipulate what they see and how they see it?

We don't know anything much about Mark Zuckerberg except that his company has the personal lives of billions of people on its servers. That makes him a deeply unfit person to be POTUS in my eyes.

Stop giving out your data. He has it because you volunteer it.

Offhand, I can't think of a less useful contribution.

If you use a computer, smart phone, Sat Nav, bank card etc, you are constantly giving out data every time you use it. You don't have a choice.

When every tiny insignificant detail is joined together, it creates a comprehensive profile of you.

Offhand, I can't think of a less useful contribution.

It is sound advice though, so it is useful. People don't seem to understand that they can limit the data they put out, and what happens to it once it is given away is something that they aren't in control of. I don't buy the comparison to Trump either; regardless of Zuckerberg's ethics he doesn't appear to be a dim witted racist sympathiser with a narcissist attitude.

If you use a computer, smart phone, Sat Nav, bank card etc, you are constantly giving out data every time you use it. You don't have a choice.

When every tiny insignificant detail is joined together, it creates a comprehensive profile of you.

Regardless though...you volunteer it...right?

If it’s “so important” don’t...it is possible.

Regardless though...you volunteer it...right?

If it’s “so important” don’t...it is possible.

No, It's not possible. Almost every device has a computer in it these days. The only way to avoid it is to live in a cave like a hermit.

Guest makapaka

Absolutely.

Social media is incredibly dangerous to society as a whole.

I’ve thought it from the off - I wouldn’t dream of having a Facebook account. Horrible idea.

It is sound advice though, so it is useful. People don't seem to understand that they can limit the data they put out, and what happens to it once it is given away is something that they aren't in control of.

It's hopeless advice. The bird has flown. Hubris won't help anyone.

I don't buy the comparison to Trump either; regardless of Zuckerberg's ethics he doesn't appear to be a dim witted racist sympathiser with a narcissist attitude.

How much did you know about Donald Trump at Christmas 2015, six months after he announced that he was running. I bet you knew nothing useful until summer 2016.

Zuckerberg hasn't announced anything but what exactly do you know about to form any opinion at all? All I really know is that he wears the same clothes and started Facebook after diddling the Winklevoss twins out of their share.

How does he stand on the death penalty? What's his approach to trade with Russia and China, two markets that Facebook struggle with? What about abortion, or tax reform? We know nothing about Zuckerberg except that his company knows more about what billions of people did in 2017 than their parents, and he uses that information to make himself a very rich man and maybe the president.

I would say that Mark Zuckerberg has more similarities to Lex Luther than a US presidential candidate so I feel a little bit worried about the prospect.