Old B & Q Greenland Road Darnall

soon be like the joke is there a b and q in Sheffield no its spelt s h e f f i e l d

soon be like the joke is there a b and q in Sheffield no its spelt s h e f f i e l d

It's Paul Daniels's joke. It goes: "Is there a B and Q in Henly?......no but there's an H an E, an N and L and a Y"

It was voted the worst joke at the Edinburgh fringe festival. As jokes go it's not that bad but those pricks at the Edinburgh fringe just don't like Paul Daniels because he's a declared Tory that's all.

Don't think they could use it as a food store. I remember years ago before the b n q a food store wanting it but they couldn't get permission so doubt that

---------

Tesco wanted this site orginally but because it was a bus depot they were told that they had to wait 10 years to build on it hence b&q took the site over.

Wouldn't surprise me if tesco came back in.it's a prime spot.

i think considering the size of the place, it would make a good food bank for that area.

I don,t have x ray vision ,but I know about it because I've on many occasions been held up at the checkout by locals buying up feature lighting and bidets.

Thanks for the advice on kitchens but if I was in the market for one I,d get the maid to pick one up from Intoto.

You weren't held up in the queue, you were the queue.

Hardly prime space!!! More like nightmare space have you seen the decline in the area!!. It's make a great pound shop for the locals. Doubt it would be a big food shop since the down tune they hardly have big shops now and would have to be in a good area which darnal certainly isn't

Put a high barbedwire fence around it and turn it into a holding area for all the migrants that some Sheffield forumers seem keen to support.

Angel1.

---------

Tesco wanted this site orginally but because it was a bus depot they were told that they had to wait 10 years to build on it hence b&q took the site over.

Wouldn't surprise me if tesco came back in.it's a prime spot.

Doubt that will happen large supermarket openings by the "big 4" has virtually ground to a holt with small convenience type storres and discounters being the growth areas.

The massive one in Barnsley shut a few months ago. Now Darnall is closing.

Could it be that B&Q is trying to stave off failing?

Hardly prime space!!! More like nightmare space have you seen the decline in the area!!. It's make a great pound shop for the locals. Doubt it would be a big food shop since the down tune they hardly have big shops now and would have to be in a good area which darnal certainly isn't

----------

Of course it's a prime spot.that's why tesco wanted it in the 1st place.

A re-furbishment won't be that hard if they took it over.not only that,tesco will take customers from asda (Handsworth )& morrisons(catcliffe)in my opinion.

But.we'll have to see what happens.

I was told a couple of months ago that the council have bought the land to build homes on.

I was also informed that Tesco were looking to buy a building further down the road.