Christmas drivers around town today!

What is the matter with drivers around Sheffield today!!! for goodness sake! dithering and stuttering not watching the traffic movement ahead or anticipating lights going to green? i know its bad in Sheffield but today its been worse. Do these people only come out for Christmas? get out of my way :rant: had to vent !

Funny you should say that but I felt like everyone was travelling at 5 miles an hour . Very indecisive driving ! Not using indicators ,switching lanes without warning .

What is the matter with drivers around Sheffield today!!! for goodness sake! dithering and stuttering not watching the traffic movement ahead or anticipating lights going to green? i know its bad in Sheffield but today its been worse. Do these people only come out for Christmas? get out of my way :rant: had to vent !

It's just worsening driving standards in general. Authorities are too reliant on "safety" cameras these days and don't go pulling people for poor driving.

Case in point, there was a mobile camera van on a road near me recently, admittedly on a road with a school.

100 yrds away, in their full view, 4 separate vehicles parked on zigzags of a light controlled crossing.

Did the officer leave the van and deal with these 4 CRIMES. Did he $%^&*"£$.

What is the matter with drivers around Sheffield today!!! for goodness sake! dithering and stuttering

Careful- we of the ‘stammering community’ take exception to such remarks!

We’ll be contacting PC Plod next alleging Harassment, Alarm and Distress.

Funny you should say that but I felt like everyone was travelling at 5 miles an hour . Very indecisive driving ! Not using indicators ,switching lanes without warning .

so a typical day driving in Sheffield then!

I find this an issue most days if honest, dithering drivers and in general, folk who appear to be driving cars without indicators. The usage of roundabouts is quite appalling and an absolute bug bear of mine. I can quite confidently say that only about half of the drivers out there indicate correctly (or at all) whilst using a roundabout, and as we're talking about ditherers, it really gets my goat when people seem to be waiting for a written invitation to bloody use the rounderbout!

Feel better for getting that of my chest.....and don't even get me started on the lack of manners shown on the road..... Grrrrr!

Edited by Grenoside123

Sounds to me that there are many on here getting just a little bit of pre Christmas stress :|

My gripe is cars, (& even buses), in Sheffield, blocking box junctions.

As a non-driving pedestrian I just cannot understand why so many drivers fail to use their indicators. A huge percentage (possibly even a majority) seem to think it's only (grudgingly) necessary if there is a vehicle immediately behind them.

No you braindead imbecile it's an indication (strange that) to AL road users as to what your intentions are on approaching any junction. If you can't understand (and comply with) that on every occasion you are not fit to be in charge of a lethal weapon. You're also a numpty.

Nearly got run over by a driver who failed to indicate. Silly me presumed she was going straight on and was not going to turn left. Indicators are for pedestrians too.

Sounds to me that there are many on here getting just a little bit of pre Christmas stress :|

I think you’ve put your finger on the cause. Even non drivers are getting the jitters about Christmas ! :roll: