2nd EU Referendum Call by Lib Dems.

That's what you think, true. But it's not evidence of MPs' comprehension, I fear.

There’s a lot more information now.

I think they are starting to get it

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 18:54 ----------

Neither side will totally except a result that isn't the one they voted for. We could end up with a neverendum.

Definitely a risk. But is it a bad thing?

The main problem is A50 was triggered at the wrong time.

It was stated that we can't have another EU referendum for many years in the £9.3 million government pamphlet 'Why the government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK', that was mailed to over 27 million homes.

This pamphlet, which supported us remaining in the EU, stated:

The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision.

I'm afraid we have to wait 22 to 32 years for another vote on the EU.

Mark my words. You’ll be the one begging for the second referendum because I believe the government come 2019 will actually ask for Article 50 to be revoked.

Mark my words. You’ll be the one begging for the second referendum because I believe the government come 2019 will actually ask for Article 50 to be revoked.

Mark my words, it wont, and there will not be another referendum within a decade or so. Wishful thinking maybe but no!

There’s a lot more information now.

I think they are starting to get it

Indeed, all those calls to quit those EU institutions/standards etc... starting to crumble now.

Chemicals, Aviation, Energy, Automotive.

As the world’s largest consumer market, the EU, in effect, exports its standards through sheer economic heft. Divergence is a serious barrier to trade.... who'd have thunk it! ;)

We might want to stay in all those now it seems... the EU’s Open Skies system, for example, requires the UK to submit to the authority of the European Court of Justice. Concessions ahead methinks!

The sane voices are starting to be heard at last.

https://news.sky.com/story/liberal-democrats-call-for-second-eu-referendum-in-december-2018-11178315

When will the madness end?

We've had a democratic vote, there was a loosing side, has there has to be in all votes.

I know, its happening so all re-moaners, please just get over it. Nothing will change. The EU will still want our £48.5 Billion a year in trade. All the other countries in the world will want to trade with the 5th richest economy in the world.

No it doesn’t.....
.......not to you it doesn't!.........you will move the goalposts anywhere to get what you want! You make it up as you go along! excuse after excuse.........."move on down the line boy" we're leaving get used to it!

Nigel Farage didn't make the rules for the EU referendum or has had any authority about the issue. He thought like everyone else that the UK democratic people would vote to Remain in the EU and would have continued campaigning for the UK to Leave the EU, regardless of the margin of a hypothetical Remain victory.[/QUO

Only because he will get a 750k redundancy package from the MEP.

I voted to leave and still want us to leave.

The fact is though we were miss sold the whole Brexit issue. No one did any sort of objective assessment of the leave option and it's implications. If they had and had disclosed what is happening now the vote would have been stay.

I voted to leave and still want us to leave.

The fact is though we were miss sold the whole Brexit issue. No one did any sort of objective assessment of the leave option and it's implications. If they had and had disclosed what is happening now the vote would have been stay.

Why? nothing will change.

I know, its happening so all re-moaners, please just get over it. Nothing will change. The EU will still want our £48.5 Billion a year in trade. All the other countries in the world will want to trade with the 5th richest economy in the world.

Yup- they'll be queuing up to sell us goods...................but the EU and others be queuing up to to take as much of our biggest export, services, as they can.

Is this about a 2nd referendum anymore or has it managed to transform into a side-line "consequences of Brexit" thread.

Same moaners as that as well..

That’s ridiculous. If it turns out to be a mistake we have to wait decades to fix it? Really?

Give your head a wobble

No mistake . we voted to leave ,and out should mean out totally. walk away and go on our own .