19/12/2017 - Meersbrook & Chesterfield anti-terrorism raids

If it's the house I think it is, I used to live next door back in the 80s!

Being under investigation doesn't mean they're subject to round the clock surveillance, so how would being under investigation mean it couldn't happen?

This. Nothing did happen and that's the point.

If it's the house I think it is, I used to live next door back in the 80s!

You can check by looking at this Star article.

The article ends with "The addresses being searched have not yet been revealed." but the accompanying photo shows the house with an officer standing outside, the street name board in the foreground and a black bin with a house number[1] prominently painted on it.

[1] It might be next door's bin.

There's a BBC link to the story said they got the person they were after

Being under investigation doesn't mean they're subject to round the clock surveillance, so how would being under investigation mean it couldn't happen?

After Manchester and London we saw the numbers the police and security services are trying to monitor - a thankless task.

Exactly as probed said!

End of day it could be stopped regardless cause they are always known suspects! I’m entitled to my own opinion if ya don’t like it don’t read it simples!

TWo loud bangs and alll sirens can now be heard from manor top city road area

Well this explains the armed police around the Christmas Market today.

Not surprised you don’t know who you’re living next door to, it’s always made out that they knew it was going on and was investigating them and ready to arrest which is bull cause if they were under investigation it wouldn’t happen in first place

I do. As do a great many people. The rest of it just shows a lack of understanding.

I do. As do a great many people. The rest of it just shows a lack of understanding.

Same. When I moved in I made a point of saying hello- as I do in passing to anyone that lives on the street.

Makes life a heck of a lot easier and more pleasant than sitting in fear of everyone who is a stranger!