19/12/2017 - Meersbrook & Chesterfield anti-terrorism raids

No, I'm not looking for tips on how to spice up my love life.

The missus and I were woken (in Heeley) by the sound of a faraway-sounding explosion this morning.

Any ideas what it was?

Santa and his reindeers breaking the sound barrier?

Heard it over in Nether Edge. Sounded like a large firework going off. Very distant sound, so not too local.

I think the noise was my ex finally realising the world doesn't revolve around her.

Actually I think it was to do with a police raid in Meersbrook that's been reported somewhere

Rumours of terror-related raid. Lots of police apparently.

Radio sheffield reporting it was a terraist police raid

There are a number of reports of ongoing anti-terrorist raids atm. One in Shirebrook Road, Meersbrook and another (connected apparently) in Chesterfield.

The Star is calling the noise a 'bomb' but one different mention is that the noise was the door entry method used.

Not surprised you don’t know who you’re living next door to, it’s always made out that they knew it was going on and was investigating them and ready to arrest which is bull cause if they were under investigation it wouldn’t happen in first place

Not surprised you don’t know who you’re living next door to, it’s always made out that they knew it was going on and was investigating them and ready to arrest which is bull cause if they were under investigation it wouldn’t happen in first place

Being under investigation doesn't mean they're subject to round the clock surveillance, so how would being under investigation mean it couldn't happen?

After Manchester and London we saw the numbers the police and security services are trying to monitor - a thankless task.