Birley Academy ongoing incident.

I'm surprised not to see something on here already really.

I don't know anything in the slightest about what has gone off however it it is all over The Star website this morning.

There are at least three articles on there which describe a panicked evacuation from the secondary part of the school at around 9:30 this morning. Pupils were sent home from the site without notice and the school have since made a statement that the school will be closed for some time.

Since then in the last 15 minutes or so, The Star went live from the site on social media and showed police officers standing around in the grounds as well as sniffer dogs working the perimeter of the school.

Quite worrying really, or at least the timeline of events with no further information make it feel that way.

I do hope all is well and whatever or whoever to problem is are dealt with quickly.

Someone phoning in a hoax to finish early for Xmas?

Bit of an idiot if that is the reason, given they are in for the rest of the week. Should have left it a few days :suspect:

Someone phoning in a hoax to finish early for Xmas?

You would think that a stupid, ill-conceived hoax is likely to be the most likely of outcomes I guess.

If so then it is of particularly bad taste with everything going on in the world. Factor in the cost of the resources drafted in this morning to deal with it all as well.......

I am sure in 2017 they should be able to trace the source of contact. Anyway I hope they do and whoever is responsible gets their comeuppance...oh and the bill for the waste of police time if this is indeed a hoax.

Just an update on this via The Star website...

A 15-year-old boy has now been arrested on suspicion of malicious communications and is currently in police custody. Chief Superintendent Natalie Shaw said: “After a prolonged search of Birley Academy, a device has not been found. “Hoax calls are malicious and irresponsible, they can cause a considerable deal of distress. “Anyone found to have committed this offence could face a prison sentence.”

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/i-ve-never-cried-in-fear-like-i-did-today-worried-parents-react-to-bomb-hoax-chaos-at-sheffield-school-1-8916482